PDA

View Full Version : Close out on 3/4" shaper cutters at Woodcraft

Quinn Kleerekoper
04-02-2008, 12:07 AM
Have any of you used their Rail & Stile Shaper Cutter Set, Concave?

item #143103 Price:$179.99 Close Out:$119.99
Can't find any reviews on this set.
Thanks
</SPAN>

James Reichman
04-02-2008, 8:40 AM
I need some cutters what is the site address?
thanks

Bob Willcox
04-02-2008, 9:25 AM
I need some cutters what is the site address?
thanks
I suspect that the OP meant Woodcraft. They seem to be having a closeout sale on cutters: http://www.woodcraft.com/search/search.aspx?query=shaper+cutter

Samuel Brooks
04-02-2008, 9:52 AM
Have any of you used their Rail & Stile Shaper Cutter Set, Concave?

item #143103 Price:$179.99 Close Out:$119.99
Can't find any reviews on this set.
Thanks
</SPAN>
I do not have a shaper, but I purchased on closeout a couple of weeks ago the Woodcraft Green rail, stile, ogees set with raised panel, glue joint and drawer lock bit set for $119.00 normally $179.00. I was very happy with the cut quality. I did (4) 83" x 23" closet doors in a frame and panel config. I used them with my Dewalt 2-1/4 HP router table mounted. The Raised panels were MDF. The bits are still very sharp.

I ended up going to Freud's web site to find some information on how to setup the bits because I had never used that type before.

On a side note. Next time I glue up a frame an panel, I will build a custom frame out of scrap lumber for two sides and screw it down to my assembly table then clamp the doors to the frame so that doors do not come out bowed. In my effort to make sure the doors were Square which they were, I ended up bowing the middle of the doors since the are 83" tall and had a single Rail in the middle of the door. I put too much clamping pressure on them to pull them into square and they bowed in the middle by about 3/16" which is very easy to see :-(. I put them back in clamps and kind of squared them up them trimed off the excess to finish the squaring process.

Ron Bontz
04-02-2008, 8:04 PM
Does anyone know what the tongue depth is on these? Thanks

Quinn Kleerekoper
04-02-2008, 11:16 PM
These shaper cutters feature precision ground solid steel bodies machined to careful tolerances and coated to help prevent resin build up and make resin removal easier. The industrial quality K-20 German carbide which receives a final CNC machine 400 grit wet grind produces a clean, extremely sharp, and durable cutting edge. Suitable for use on hard and soft woods, plywood, glue-bonded panels, fiberglass and plastics. All cutters have three wings, 3/4" bore with 1/2" bushings and are packed in fitted plastic storage cases.

For stock sizes 3/4" to 1-1/4". Six piece set includes: stile, 1/2" straight (2), 1/4" straight, rail for stile, spacer. Maximum cutter diameter 3".