PDA

View Full Version : Keller Dovetail ..... Great Service

Robert Meyer
04-01-2008, 8:53 PM
I purchased a Keller Journeyman dovetail jig about 3 or 4 years ago to make some through dovetails that my Jet machine wouldn't allow. The project fell through and the box with template and bits sat in the back of my router cabinet until recently. Try as I might I couldn't get the pins and tails to fit, then the collar on the straight bit came loose and chewed up the template. I contacted the company and received a call from David Keller almost immediately. He informed me that Keller never sends bits with guides needing collars in their kits. Somewhere along the supply chain way the correct straight bit, with a fixed guide, was removed from my box (purchased from Amazon) and a box joint bit requiring a collar was inserted. After all this time David Keller didn't quibble, he sympathized with me and sent along a new unit. A good company in my estimation.

Matt Bickford
04-01-2008, 11:37 PM
Are you sure that you didn't just pull the wrong router bit out of your router cabinet? (You've never used it before. The joints weren't lining up. Keller never shipped bits like the one you have.) It seems more likely than Amazon pulling the old switch-a-roo.

Robert Meyer
04-01-2008, 11:53 PM
Thought of this possibility. I also purchased a Whiteside box joint bit for the Keller system after I purchased the Journeyman. This and the two from the kit were the only Whiteside bits I owned. I still have the Whiteside 3032 box joint bit with a collar I purchased. Mr Keller reported the bit I returned was also a 3032 box joint bit with a collar. I KNOW I didn't buy two Whitesides box joint bits with collars.