PDA

View Full Version : Rub n Buff

Brian Robison
04-01-2008, 11:07 AM
Just a quick note to say how impressed I am with this product. I tried it on a glass I engraved and ran it through the dishwasher and was amazed to see that the color fill was still there! I expected the Rub n Buff to be completely gone.:)

Stephen Beckham
04-01-2008, 11:58 AM
Brian, I found that it will generally last three to four washes on a libbey glass coffee mug... Concur - I was impressed...

Brian Robison
04-01-2008, 4:20 PM
Yes, I'd put a disclaimer with it about washing. It really stayed on better than I thought it would.

Bill Parker
04-01-2008, 5:07 PM
Depends alot on the dishwasher really. One I did for a neighbor had been washed 15-20 times before we noticed a change. However I was able to notice after 1 wash in my dishwasher. However it has some super sanitization cycle or something on it.

Doug Bergstrom
04-01-2008, 5:10 PM
where are you buying the product from?

Bill Parker
04-01-2008, 5:24 PM
where are you buying the product from?

Can buy it at just about any craft store, I think. Last time I got some I think it was off Ebay.

Scott Challoner
04-02-2008, 10:40 AM
Our local Hobby Lobby only carries silver and gold, but treelineusa.com has 20 colors @ $4.29 each.

A few months ago, someone started a thread about using it on Cermark. I tried it and the rusults looked promising, but I don't do a lot of Cermark stuff right now. It would be nice to be able to offer engraving on metal in different colors than black though.
I also tried it on anodized aluminum with good results as long as there is a clear coat on the aluminum. Otherwise it just stains the anodizing. The Maglite I tried it on had a clear coat and that way, the Rub-N-Buff stayed only on the engraved part. Immagine all the possibilities with 20 colors of RnB and all the colors of anodized Al. I wish I could think of some markets. :(
Has anybody else tried this?

William Johanson
04-02-2008, 1:04 PM
I looked up the rub n buff product on line and noticed they offer a sealer that also works with the rub n buf product. I wonder if this would increase the durability of the fill? I think I will pick some up the next time I am at the hobby store. If I do I will report back.

Bill

Michael Bareno
04-02-2008, 5:30 PM
Our local Hobby Lobby only carries silver and gold, but treelineusa.com has 20 colors @ $4.29 each.

I recently bought a Rub 'n Buff sampler set off Ebay for $45. It consists of 20 standard tubes (1/2 fluid ounce / 15 ml each) in all the different shades they offer. I thought it was a good deal, especially since I couldn't decide what shades to purchase...

Nicole Hernandez
04-03-2008, 9:20 PM
I hate the stuff... neve seems right.... I let it dry and buff it off and off it all comes (glass)..........