PDA

View Full Version : I wanna know Have you ever seen the rain?

Clint Jones
03-31-2008, 10:51 PM
Great song by CCR , but seriously it has been POURING 3 days straight. The gov allready declared it a disaster area from flooding. Tommorrow more rain :(

Steve Clardy
03-31-2008, 11:14 PM
Yep. We have 3 ways outa here to the main road.
2 bridges/roads are under water. The last one is gravel, 20 miles around to get back to the main road.

Seems like the flood of 93 again.

Joe Pelonio
03-31-2008, 11:20 PM
Rain? What's that? We've had snow every day for a week now. Today it was 42 when it started to snow at 4pm! (32 now)

Eddie Watkins
04-01-2008, 1:05 AM
We had a pretty good rain today, no flooding though. It hailed for about an hour this afternoon and there was a rotation about three miles from here. I'm not sure if they ever declared it a tornado or not. The hail never got bigger than nickel-sized but I was in my shop with a metal roof so it was very loud.

Eddie

Karl Laustrup
04-01-2008, 7:45 AM
Yep. We have 3 ways outa here to the main road.
2 bridges/roads are under water. The last one is gravel, 20 miles around to get back to the main road.

Seems like the flood of 93 again.

Better start doing the calculations from "Cubits" to "Feet and Inches" Clardy and get busy building. ;)

We've been pretty lucky [knock on wood] so far this year. While we've had record snows, it's melted slowly and only yesterday have we gotten any rain. Some rivers are running over their banks, but so far, nothing like the flooding of '93. Here's hoping we won't have to do that again.

Karl

Belinda Barfield
04-01-2008, 8:49 AM
I saw a report on the Arkansas flooding on the Weather Channel this a.m. and thought about the Arkansas Creekers. I hope all of you affected by these heay rains can find some high ground. If not, go with Karl's suggestion and start gathering them in two by two.

Seriously, flooding is such a nasty disaster. At least with tornadoes and hurricanes you usually get a fresh start. Home clean up after flooding is just a mess. You're all in my thoughts and I'll be doing my "No Rain Dance" for you.

Steve Leverich
04-01-2008, 7:49 PM
Cubits, my foot - don't care what anyone says, I'm SWATTING that pair of mosquitos on their way up the gangplank... :( Steve

Pat Germain
04-02-2008, 2:04 PM
Rain is a bummer and flooding is worse. But be glad if you're not getting hail.

My brother lives in Oklahoma. He called me the other day quite distraught because both his car and his wife's car were absolutely pelted with golf ball sized hail in the middle of the night.

Bro's car is older, but he fixed it up and takes very good care of it and now it's trashed; no insurance coverage. Wife's car has insurance coverage, but it will likely be totalled because reparing hail damage is so expensive. :(

Steve Clardy
04-02-2008, 5:40 PM
Better start doing the calculations from "Cubits" to "Feet and Inches" Clardy and get busy building. ;)

We've been pretty lucky [knock on wood] so far this year. While we've had record snows, it's melted slowly and only yesterday have we gotten any rain. Some rivers are running over their banks, but so far, nothing like the flooding of '93. Here's hoping we won't have to do that again.

Karl

Lol. I've always wanted to try my hand at boat building.

Eddie Watkins
04-02-2008, 6:05 PM
It's raining here now. Probably headed toward Arkansas or Missouri or other points east.

Eddie

Jim O'Dell
04-02-2008, 7:54 PM
We're supposed to get some late tonight, tomorrow and Friday. So there will be more headed to points east and north of us. And we're just getting into the Spring weather pattern! Hang in there guys! Jim.

Dennis Peacock
04-02-2008, 7:56 PM
Water is so high here that we've been staying under flash flood warnings for what seems like forever. The water table at my house is now at about 1" below the soil surface. But a lot of my yard and 1/2 of my driveway were UNDER water for most of a day.

The words....rain, rain...go AWAY come to mind rather quickly!!!!!!!!

Andy Hoyt
04-02-2008, 9:51 PM
So, Karl...

How many board cubits are there in a 8" x 12" x 16' timber?

Inquiring Clardy's want to know.

Jim Creech
04-02-2008, 11:16 PM
Best I can figure is about 10

Pat Germain
04-03-2008, 9:38 AM
And just where does one buy gopher wood? Some say it's a laminate...

Karl Laustrup
04-03-2008, 1:47 PM
So, Karl...

How many board cubits are there in a 8" x 12" x 16' timber?

Inquiring Clardy's want to know.

MOA Sir.

I don't have a clue but, I'm guessing not enough to get all them aminals on board. :eek:

Remember Clardy, BIGGER is better. :D

And don't worry about the MOA Clardy. He won't get the news up there until after the 40 days and 40 nights of rain and the river goes down. :D:D:D

Karl

Steve Clardy
04-03-2008, 8:22 PM
MOA Sir.

I don't have a clue but, I'm guessing not enough to get all them aminals on board. :eek:

Remember Clardy, BIGGER is better. :D

And don't worry about the MOA Clardy. He won't get the news up there until after the 40 days and 40 nights of rain and the river goes down. :D:D

Karl

Lol

Well its raining again today :rolleyes:

Don't know why I want to build a boat when I have 2 that I can't seem to get fixed. :o
A fiberglass canoe with complementary hole :eek:, and a small bass boat that my parents had, with no titles:rolleyes:

Hey Andy, whats up with your avatar anyway? Someone been painting your thumb or what :confused::D

Andy Hoyt
04-03-2008, 9:39 PM
Nah. Just a little leftover yule tide fun (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW34kHnpo1g). Guess it's time to bust out a new one.

Jay Johnstone
04-05-2008, 10:23 AM
Great song by CCR , but seriously it has been POURING 3 days straight. The gov allready declared it a disaster area from flooding. Tommorrow more rain :(

No Clint. Maybe you should move to New Mexico. It has been drier than an AA convention here. But that's not usnusual since this is an arid climate. We average .7" of rain per month and just over 8" per year. I just could not imagine getting the kind of rain you get. Why, there would be nothing left of this place if we even got a quarter of what you get. Sorry about all that rain. I hope it clears up.