PDA

View Full Version : Small shop gloat

Ed Brady
03-31-2008, 7:14 PM
Small and unconventional. Here are some pictures of my shop.

It was built to be a small theater room, but I had a better idea. I removed the carpet, painted the floor, added some 20A circuits and hung some shop lights to make a shop just over 200 square feet. You can see the built in theater equipment cabinet next to the fire extinguisher where I can store more delicate items plus my iPod and amp for shop tunes.

I decided on the EZ system and built a table that I can use for ripping, cross cutting, routing and as an assembly table. I used the Mark Spagnuolo (FWW) assembly table plans with some modifications and added the guided saw components to the flat top. DC is a Fein vac and there was a nice exhaust fan already in place to carry away dust or fumes.

My trusty shopsmith is in there, too. My shop is not perfect, but it is mine and in my small space I have all the capabilities I need. Everything is on wheels and reconfigurable, so there may be some extra steps to move or set things up from one operation to another.

So far it is all working great. Thanks for looking.

Ed Brady

Brad Noble
03-31-2008, 7:24 PM
Looks to me like you knew exactly what you wanted and you have it. I like it! Great place for some peaceful shop time ..... even with the ipod and tunes. :D

I don't know though, home theatre or nice small shop? Tough decision ...

:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Brad

Mark Vernon
03-31-2008, 9:28 PM
ED,
It's just screaming at you to start making something. Looks great. I cannot enlarge the pictures and would like some more detail.
Do I see 4 SME rails across the length of the table? The small pieces of rail pretty much lock your bridge in that location. What was your reasoning for making it there? Is there some other kind of slot around the perimeter, just below the top? Is that a piece of UHMW attached to the fence? How is it attached, and what are the dimensions?
Thanks,
Mark