PDA

View Full Version : I'm gonna SHOOT the tail off the peace dove!!

Dale Thompson
03-24-2004, 11:17 PM
As soon as I learn how to use my NEW camera, that is. Anyway, I get everything in focus and then the "flash powder" explodes in my face!! :o :eek: BUMMER!!

The facts are that I did a whole bunch of "full-extension" slides on a project which some of you may remember. The tolerances are pretty tight (+ or - 1/32") on those things but after a couple of months of "tweeking", I made them work.

My latest project is a "misssion" or "shaker" coffee table. I like to use the term "shaker" because I know that it is derived from the phrase, "movers and shakers". I'm one of those and as soon as I post a picture of me in my new leisure suit and ascot, I'm sure that you will agree. ;) :cool:

Whatever, I made a "shaker" drawer with female dovetails in the drawer and male dovetails in the supports. MAN, those tolerances make extension slides look like "dove soup". :)

Is there an "easy" way of doing this?? I don't need any smart aleck comments like, "You have to make accurate cuts!" As you know, that is not an option in MY shop. :o :( :rolleyes:

My drawer seems to work OK but I have no idea why? :confused:

Dale T.