PDA

View Full Version : Paslode Nailers

Randy Long
03-30-2008, 8:38 PM
Hi,
I was thinking of getting a cordless nailer

I have been looking at this:
http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&productId=100088397&N=10000003+90401+502751

Anyone have experience with this nailer.

Thanks

Keith Beck
03-30-2008, 8:47 PM
I've got the straight version of that nailer and I've also got the Paslode framing nailer. Personally, I love 'em both. It's so great to not have to drag hoses through house to drive a few nails. The framing nailer came in very handy when we built a run-in for brother's horses out in the middle of a field. Without our Paslodes, we would've needed a generator (which neither of us have) to power air compressors, so that's one less hassle.

I've heard of some having complaints with their Paslodes, but I've never had any issues.

Keith

Rob Wright
03-30-2008, 8:48 PM
Randy - I have that nailer as well as the Framer. I am sure that this one will put a nail through your hand just as well as my framer did t my hand last weekend. :mad:

I like that it is cordless and pretty light - the angled feature is nice but the smaller stubby fuel cells are double the price of what the older taller/skinnier cells are for the straight 16ga nailer. The angled nails can be more difficult to find, but they fit in tight areas.

Menards has it on sale this week for $317.....

Easier for me than dragging out the compressor and listening to that run and tripping over the hoses.

Oh and I have put at least 10 cases through the framer and have not had any problems with only MINOR cleaning. No problems with the finish nailer at all - although have had less use.

$0.03 -
Rob

Greg Hines, MD
03-30-2008, 8:52 PM
Reading in my latest magazine, it was American Woodworker, they review the Dewalt cordless nailer. They make it sound like a good thing, but I have no experience with it, but it is something to check out.

Doc

Leo Zick
03-30-2008, 8:58 PM
i have the angled finish and framing. both are amazing. my finish nailer does get a little sticky sometimes. of course, when im holding the most difficult angles :P
otherwise,they are great, very convenient!

ps - the wife wont like the gas smell, but at least you have something to blame it on this time

Matt Ocel
03-30-2008, 9:04 PM
Randy - Try www.PaslodeOutlet.com (http://www.PaslodeOutlet.com) there factory reconditioned, but come with a great price

Jason Philip
03-30-2008, 9:39 PM
Randy, I have the nail gun you are looking at, like the others have said, it works great. I've ran all sizes of nails through it and it has always performed well. Try and keep up on the cleaning because it seems like when your in a hurry or an awkward position, its when it decides to gum up on you. Its a good investment.

Randy Long
03-31-2008, 1:29 AM
hi,
Thanks for all the responces.
What does cleaning envolve?
What part of the nailer gets dirty that caused problems?

Wayne Cannon
03-31-2008, 2:27 AM
I agree with all of the positive comments, plus, it's easy to clear a jam, albeit infrequent.

One caveat: The gas cartridges have a pretty short shelf-life, so if you don't use it for a while, expect to buy new cartridges. Stale cartridges are the only firing-failure I've experienced.

Wayne Cannon
03-31-2008, 2:29 AM
... and check the expiration date on cartridges that you buy. I've found some were half-expired, even from a high-volume local supplier (I suspect they aren't careful about rotating their stock).

Randy Long
04-04-2008, 8:37 PM
Hi,
I bought a Paslode finish nailer from www.PaslodeOutlet.com (http://www.PaslodeOutlet.com) .

It is a reconditioned unit. I tried it on a few pieces of molding.

Wow, That was Fun!!!

Works Great.

Jim Becker
04-04-2008, 10:34 PM
I recently got to use both the brad nailer and 16 gage nailer while helping my GC work in our addition. Both tools were very comfortable to work with; a little more noise, IMHO, than my tethered guns, but oh so convenient when moving around doing trim work and flooring. I just read something about Paselode coming out with the world's first 16 gage ANGLE gun (typical configuration of the 15 gage units) and that may be a real winner for getting into tight spaces with a fastener that has more oomph than an 18 gage brad and less "nail" than a 15 gage gun shoots.

Karl Brogger
04-05-2008, 10:02 AM
I don't care for them. Cordless guns are nice when you just have to drive a handful of nails. JMO