PDA

View Full Version : Hollowing Gloat

Pete Jordan
03-30-2008, 5:44 PM
I received my mini-rig from Randy this week and it is wonderful! I asked Randy to make me a base for my Powermatic and I really like it. I have the Oneway system but this is more comfortable to use. I tried it on some catalpa and it is very smooth. The hollow form is 3" high and 4.5" wide. I would highly recommend Randy for any of your hollowing needs!:D

Steve Schlumpf
03-30-2008, 6:43 PM
Congrats Pete! I love my articulating arm system - still can't get over how smooth it is!

Great looking hollow form - beautiful grain! Hope to see a lot more hollow forms from you real soon!

Ben Gastfriend
03-30-2008, 8:32 PM
That's a beautiful piece and a real nice setup. Cool!

Allen Neighbors
03-30-2008, 8:38 PM
Awesome all around!! :D
Keep spinnin', and snappin' photos.

Bernie Weishapl
03-30-2008, 10:35 PM
Pete that piece is a beauty. That articulating arm unit is awesome. I have the same one and you can just use your fingers to hollow. Congrats on the new unit.

Curt Fuller
03-30-2008, 11:26 PM
Wow, that's a nice setup and a nice Hollowform. I really need to break down someday and get a 'system'.

Gary Garmar
03-31-2008, 9:31 AM
What's the best way to contact Randy?

robert hainstock
03-31-2008, 10:02 AM
I've watched Steve S use his monster, and I concur with him. Highly reccomended for anyone thinking of hollowing.
Nice piece for a first try by the way. :D
Bob

Reed Gray
03-31-2008, 11:32 AM
I also got mine about a week ago, and really like it. Heck, I might even become a hollow form turner if I can sell them. I did put my Kelton blades in it, and they work, but for the larger ones, I think they are too long for this type of system. I get some vibration with them, and they are considerably longer than the ones that Randy sells. I do like the goose necks for getting around corners with a smaller opening. With Randy's set up, you need an inch plus opening for things to go easily. Hollowing to 8 inches or so is max depth, without some vibration as well. I suppose you can go deeper, but it would require a fine touch. It is really smooth, and easy, and the laser unit is great.

robo hippy

Tom Sherman
03-31-2008, 1:12 PM
Very cool Pete.