PDA

View Full Version : Latest Cabinet Job

Steve Clardy
03-24-2004, 7:28 PM
Heres some pics of my latest cabinet job. Have another I am building in the shop now. Went down to the lake house where these are and replaced a couple of doors that were too dark and snapped some pics. Sorry for the bad pics. Guess I'll have to spend more than $250.00 on a camera to get good pics. Photographer I'm not.
Notice the upper corner cab with garages. Customer wanted drawers in one of them instead of the usual door. Master Vanity is a custom size, 76" long, 35" high. Pantry and bar area has pull out shelves.
I used Red oak lumber and ply, stained golden oak. Seems to be a standard color around here. About half of my jobs are stained this color.
Finish is two coats of pre-cat lacquer.
Steve

Chris Padilla
03-24-2004, 7:41 PM
Outstanding work, Steve! I think your photography is just fine. :)

Dick Parr
03-24-2004, 7:49 PM
Very nice Steve!

Steve King
03-24-2004, 7:51 PM
Steve,
Very nice job. I like the color, what did your use?

About the pics; I have a $400.00 camera and your pics look better :confused:

Kind of like golf, it's not the club, it's the one holding it :p

Steve

Todd Burch
03-24-2004, 8:24 PM
Steve, great job! Did you install them too? Are you working off architect's drawings or your own? Did you do the kitchen countertops too?

And, I hate to say it but I will - you've GOT to not buy any more of that hardware that is on the vanity. GROOOOSSSSSS.

John Miliunas
03-24-2004, 9:40 PM
Gee, I think I may have said this to you once or twice before: You do beautiful work, Steve! With a bunch of cabinet projects staring me in the face, that's truly inspirational! Thanks for posting! :cool:

Kent Cori
03-25-2004, 9:55 AM
Steve,

Tremendous job! All those cabinets are beautiful and clearly well constructed.

Steve Clardy
03-25-2004, 10:15 AM
Steve,
Very nice job. I like the color, what did your use?

About the pics; I have a $400.00 camera and your pics look better :confused:

Kind of like golf, it's not the club, it's the one holding it :p

Steve
Steve. Stain color is Minwax Golden Oak. On my pics, I did touch them up some, with my thumbnail program. Turned out better thah I thought. Steve
Ps. Pic of vanity above is the 60" vanity. Here is the 76" vanity with upper cabinet.

Steve Clardy
03-25-2004, 10:26 AM
Steve, great job! Did you install them too? Are you working off architect's drawings or your own? Did you do the kitchen countertops too?

And, I hate to say it but I will - you've GOT to not buy any more of that hardware that is on the vanity. GROOOOSSSSSS.

Todd. You got that right on the vanity handles. Thats what I thought too. GROOOSSS!!!. But thats what she wanted on it. She did better on the other hardware on 76" vanity and kitchen.
I do all my installs also. I do my own drawings, just some scribbling on paper pad. I do have a cabinet program, the free one from E-cabinet. But finding the time to learn it-------well, you know.
I do all my counter tops also. I use waterproof strawboard for the substrate, then face it with the same wood as the cabinets.
Steve

Charles McKinley
03-25-2004, 9:41 PM
Hi Steve,

Great job and the pics look good too.

Tom Thompson
03-26-2004, 2:13 PM
Sure looks good to me.

Tom

Tom Sweeney
03-26-2004, 3:29 PM
Man between you & Todd we sure are getting an education on how to build cabinets :cool: (or at least what great cabinet jobs are supposed to look like)

Excellant work as always & I think the pics look OK also.

Daniel Rabinovitz
03-27-2004, 10:45 AM
Steve
Really very nice.
Daniel :cool:

Tyler Howell
03-27-2004, 11:07 AM
Steve, You just keep popping them out.
Very Nice.

Walt Pater
03-27-2004, 7:28 PM
Steve: Humbling. Nice stuff. On the pantry, you have two frame and panel sides joined at the right hand side corner- how did you join them together? I can't tell from the picture. Thanks, Walt

Walt Pater
03-27-2004, 7:30 PM
Now that I look closer, how did you do the beveled ends on the penninsula?

Steve Clardy
03-27-2004, 7:44 PM
Steve: Humbling. Nice stuff. On the pantry, you have two frame and panel sides joined at the right hand side corner- how did you join them together? I can't tell from the picture. Thanks, Walt

Hi Walt. That's all one unit. 2 side stiles, one center stile, top, middle, and bottom rail, with four panels. Face frame is hung over the 3/4" ply cab side 25/32" so the panel assembly can be clamped to it then sanded flush, then rounded over 1/4".
It's a big panel to construct and heavy and arkward to moe around in the shop. That pantry was HEAVY moving into the house. STeve

Steve Clardy
03-27-2004, 7:56 PM
Now that I look closer, how did you do the beveled ends on the penninsula?

The end 45's start at the bottom piece for the cab. You have to clip the two corners off at a 45. Everything is then fitted around it starting at one end or the other. There a false inside 3/4" ply behind the end raised panel also. That has to be there for the adjustable sliding pullout shelves to attach to. All the wrap-around panels are ripped to 22 1/2" degrees, then fitted together using glue and brads.

Terry Hatfield
03-27-2004, 10:01 PM
Steve,

Beautimus!!!!!!

t