PDA

View Full Version : Saving Podcasts to the computer

Jay Jolliffe
03-30-2008, 2:15 PM
I was watching a podcast & wanted to save it. Using firefox I couldn't find a way to save it. Any ideas ?

Steven Bolton
03-30-2008, 2:56 PM
I tend to have the same problem and I am interested in this input.

Does anyone know what a tpyical highspeed internet connection is? Mine is only about 1100 kb/s. I am finding that this isn't very fast.

Steve Bolton

Eric Franklin
03-30-2008, 8:14 PM
It depends on the format of the podcast. I use iTunes for all my podcasts which downloads the podcasts to my computer.

If you can give an example of a podcast you want to download, I might be able to offer a suggestion.

Joe Pelonio
03-30-2008, 8:19 PM
We use windows (xp) media player.

Jay Jolliffe
03-31-2008, 6:13 AM
It was a pod cast off the wood whisper. I only have a dial up connection so it takes a long time to download. Id like to save them if I could.

Glenn Clabo
03-31-2008, 6:48 AM
They are all on iTunes...
http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=201106659

Pat Germain
03-31-2008, 1:56 PM
It's been awhile since I've used Firefox, but as I recall, you can right-click on the link and select "Save Target As" or something similar.

You should get window pointing to a particular directory on your computer. If you want to save the podcast file there, just click OK. If you want to save it somewhere else, just move to the directory of your choice, then click OK.

If you have a slow connection, select the "Low Resolution" version of the posdcast. I have a pretty fast cable modem connection and it can take more than ten minutes for me to download TWW's High Resolution podcasts (but it's worth it!).

I have Firefox running at home. I'll kick it off tonight and follow up with more details, if necessary.

Jason Christenson
04-01-2008, 9:57 AM
I'm with Glenn, download iTunes and use that.

Jason

Peter Stahl
04-02-2008, 9:22 AM
iTunes isn't the easiest program to use but for podcast it shouldn't be that bad. Click Glenn's link if you have iTunes installed, worked great. iTunes is free to download and use even if you don't have a iPod. I wouldn't use it if I didn't have a iPod, because I don't usually look at podcasts.

Jay Jolliffe
04-03-2008, 5:13 PM
Thanks everyone for the replies....I bought my wife a ipod touch for Christmas & we haven't had the time to figure it out yet. I know ....that's pretty pathetic. It's been 3 months.....other people make them look so easy were not there yet:o. Another thing is were on a dial up connection so it takes along time to down load anything.....Thats whats holding us up....

glenn bradley
04-03-2008, 9:00 PM
I tend to have the same problem and I am interested in this input.

Does anyone know what a tpyical highspeed internet connection is? Mine is only about 1100 kb/s. I am finding that this isn't very fast.

Steve Bolton

I pay $19.99 per month for 384k up and 1500k down. It usually tests out around the upper 300's up and the lower 1400's down but is usable.