PDA

View Full Version : OK please fill me in

Rob Sandow
03-07-2003, 11:47 PM
I'm an IT manager at a hedge fund, and have a Cisco CCIE certification, so I pretty much know my way around computers and the Internet, but I just can't seem to figure out what I need to do to get a little picture of myself to show up under my name when I post. A lot of you seem to have done this, so where do I send the picture, what size does it have to be, and how do I link to it? Is it an IMG SRC tag in the status field? Thanks.

Rob

Chris McKimson
03-07-2003, 11:57 PM
Rob,

Click the "user cp" button above

Click on the "edit options" link, and at the bottom you will see a "avatar" section.

Click on the "change avatar" button. You can either use a link if you have your picture on another web site (approriately sized) or use the "upload from your computer", by clicking on "Browse", then clicking on the location of your picture on your PC, and that should store the pic on this site.

The picture itself can only be 50 X 50 pixels. Most photo editing software will allow you to resize the picture.

Joe Suelter
03-08-2003, 9:28 AM
If all else fails, send your picture to Ken Salisbury...he posted awhile back that he would format them to the correct size. He can be found under K in the member's section. Good Luck.

Ken Salisbury
03-08-2003, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Rob Sandow
I'm an IT manager at a hedge fund, and have a Cisco CCIE certification, so I pretty much know my way around computers and the Internet, but I just can't seem to figure out what I need to do to get a little picture of myself to show up under my name when I post. A lot of you seem to have done this, so where do I send the picture, what size does it have to be, and how do I link to it? Is it an IMG SRC tag in the status field? Thanks.

Rob

Chris told you how
Joe told you about help if needed.

E-mail me a pic --- i will compress to the right size, store on the web where you can access it.
email addy: ken@klal.com

Dave Hammelef
03-08-2003, 10:06 AM
Since you have gotten all the help I'll Just poke some fun.

The more educated the get the less you know.

:D

Daniel Rabinovitz
03-08-2003, 11:36 AM
Ken does a nice job of reducing (photos)
Look how great I look after Ken manipulated my mug.
Just like a movie star!
:D