PDA

View Full Version : Renaissance Wax in Atlanta ?

Lewis Cobb
03-29-2008, 9:23 PM
A couple of my buds are at a trade show in Atanta and I forgot to research this before they left. I read somewhere there's a hardware store in downtown Atlanta that carries this wax but for the life of me I can't find the posting I read it in. Does anyone know what it might be ? I'd like to get them to drop in and pick up a can of it for me.

Thanks !

Alex Berkovsky
03-29-2008, 10:13 PM
Could it be Highland Woodworking? (http://www.highlandwoodworking.com/index.asp?PageAction=COMPANY)

Heather Thompson
03-29-2008, 11:03 PM
Actually WoodCraft had (has) it on sale this month for 19.00(approx), I picked up 2 cans, should last a lifetime.

Heather

Peter Quadarella
03-29-2008, 11:38 PM
I think I bought mine from Brownells.

John Thompson
03-30-2008, 1:19 AM
That would be Highland Hardware which recently changed it's name to Highland Woodworking, Lewis. They have been there since the 70's and are in the Virginia-Highlands section of town. As a matter of fact just a building or so from the intersection of Virginia Ave. and Highland Ave. beside the Fire Station...

Sarge..

Lewis Cobb
03-30-2008, 9:42 AM
Thanks everyone for this info, I really appreciate it. One way or another I'll get my hands on a can of this stuff now :cool: Been wanting to try it for a long time. That reminds me, I'm going to pick up a bit of that T9 Boeshield I hear everyone ranting about as well.

Cheers,
Lewis

John Thompson
03-30-2008, 10:50 AM
Thanks everyone for this info, I really appreciate it. One way or another I'll get my hands on a can of this stuff now :cool: Been wanting to try it for a long time. That reminds me, I'm going to pick up a bit of that T9 Boeshield I hear everyone ranting about as well.

Cheers,
Lewis

It's kind of expensive Lewis.. but a little goes a long way as you don't use much. It is a clear wax and doesn't have any amber tint as say Johnson's or Butchers. And... when you put it on, get if off almost immediately as when it dries it dries harder than any wax I've ever used.

I like to use it on maple and other species that I don't like to dress with lip-stick so to speak. If I want an amber glow, I use Liberon as it comes in various shades that can be matched to stain or dye that won't compete with the look you were trying to get before applying wax.

Regards...

Sarge..

Mike Duffy
03-30-2008, 11:21 AM
I think you can order it online here and they have different sizes and their prices are cheaper.

http://www.conservationresources.com/Main/section_39/section39_08.htm

Ben Rafael
03-30-2008, 2:00 PM

Cheers,
Lewis

Dont know where you live or I might be a better help.
Anyway, where I am it is available at Kmart, Bed Bath and Beyond, some tru value stores, and some art supply stores.

Lewis Cobb
03-30-2008, 3:49 PM
Dont know where you live or I might be a better help.
Anyway, where I am it is available at Kmart, Bed Bath and Beyond, some tru value stores, and some art supply stores.
Ben - thanks for the tip. If the Atlanta trade show trip does not yield any results for me I'll investigate one of those places. I am about as far from you as you can get without going over an ocean - about 1 hour on the Canadian side of the Maine / Canada border :)

Thanks

Ben Rafael
03-30-2008, 4:00 PM
Ben - thanks for the tip. If the Atlanta trade show trip does not yield any results for me I'll investigate one of those places. I am about as far from you as you can get without going over an ocean - about 1 hour on the Canadian side of the Maine / Canada border :)

Thanks

Then may I suggest mail order. Easy stuff to get on the internet.