PDA

View Full Version : Festool 1400, which accessories

James Hart
03-29-2008, 8:46 PM
I think I'm trying to buy everything in the Festool catalogue before 4/1.

I'm looking at the 1400 and am wondering if there are any accessories any of you that have one would recommend. I have guide rails, am planning to get the guide rail attachment.

Thanks,

jim

Mark Singer
03-29-2008, 9:31 PM
That is really all I have and all I need. Often I run the router with the guide rails to make mortises on a odd shaped piece that doesn't fit in the slot mortiser

Bruce Pennell
03-29-2008, 9:41 PM
Its a great router, I have the guide rail attachment and the edge guide. Was playing with my 1400 earlier today. I have 6 routers and 5 are very lonely. I do keep a PC in my table that gets used. For edge work or datto's the 1400 gets used.

James Hart
03-29-2008, 9:56 PM
That is really all I have and all I need. Often I run the router with the guide rails to make mortises on a odd shaped piece that doesn't fit in the slot mortiser

Mark,

I kept looking at the edge guide thinking that it looked cool, but when would I use it? The only thing I could think of was a edge treatment with a bit that either didn't have a bearing or the bearing didn't have a surface to ride.

The rail allows you to make cute parallel to the edge, so it didn't seem necessary for that.

Thanks for reinforcing that I probably don't need that.

jim