PDA

View Full Version : Pennicle Laser Problem

Michele Stone
03-29-2008, 2:46 PM
We purchased a Pennicle laser system. I am having problems engraving photo's. When the laser prints to the product as it moves from left to right, it prints one side perfect and then the right side is bad. I know it has to be some setting or something I am missing. I have an Epilog Helix and I am printing the same photo and it comes out perfect on it. I am using Corel Draw x3 for both lasers. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Michele

William Johanson
03-29-2008, 3:59 PM
Which mode are you using, Black and white, manual color fill or 3d? What format is the pic in. I am guessing you are using black and white mode with a greyscale pic. If so it will not turn out too well(at least from my experience). You can mess with the driver settings in Black and white mode to get better esults. I usually use the manual color fill mode and transfom the pic to a 2 bit Black and white in photograv and that seems to work best for me. Just something to check,

Hope this helps,

Bill

Bill

Richard Rumancik
03-29-2008, 5:47 PM
Michele, if you can post a photo or a scan of a lasered image it would help with finding the problem.

Michele Stone
03-29-2008, 11:26 PM
I turn my photo to grayscale and run it thriugh photo grave. then I invert it. When I print I am using black& white mode, The photo is a bmp. I don't know what the pen stuff is I just use the black and set my speed and power from there. This is so different from working with the Epilog. I guess I need some step by step instruction. I will try to take a picture and post it. May be a few days. I think I might need professional help.
Thanks
Michele

Rodne Gold
03-30-2008, 1:47 AM
Sounds like perhaps the table isnt level and the beams going out of focus at one side, is there a distinct line where it suddenly goes bad or is it good fading to bad?
Whats "bad" mean to you , fuzzy and indistinct?
Describe bad.
Could also be it needs alignment and is losing power as it goes to the right.

Michele Stone
03-30-2008, 5:47 AM
It's a distinct line right in the middle. No fadding. It's like half good and half bad.
Michele

William Johanson
03-30-2008, 1:48 PM
In my first response I mistakenly said pen mode when I meant to say manual folor fill mode. Try the manual colorfill mode and I think you will get better results.

Rodne Gold
03-30-2008, 3:21 PM
A distinct line with 1/2 good ,1/2 bad sounds like a software or conversion problem and not a laser problem , this would manifest itself on all engravings if it were a laser fault.
do you have a pinnacle , which I believe is just a GCC laserpro thats been rebranded?
if it is , download the drivers for your particular model of GCC (if its a "m" series , its prolly a mercury ) from www.jorlink.com (http://www.jorlink.com) and try its own photo engraving.