PDA

View Full Version : Irony

Michael Weber
03-29-2008, 1:00 PM
Spent the last several months purchasing/building mobile bases for all my tools and combining my TS and RT into one mobile station. This was because my shop space was limited to 1/2 of a double garage and needed to constantly shift thing around. Lots of time, expense and effort. :( A few weeks ago a house we had admired for 30 years (built in 1925) came on the market. Long story short, we're closing Monday on a property with 2 two car garages.:) Sometimes planning just doesn't pay off. Not sure what I'm going to do with all that space, but the house has enough needed projects to last a lifetime. So I'll probably figure out something.;)

Bill Wyko
03-29-2008, 1:01 PM
congradulations:D

Ken Fitzgerald
03-29-2008, 1:14 PM
Congrats on the stealth gloat!

Yup..putting mobile bases on all your tools.....that's kinda like washing your car and having it rain...isn't it?

Richard M. Wolfe
03-29-2008, 1:43 PM
Congrats on the new space(s). About the mobile bases.....they still work, right? As long as nothing's wobbly you have the options of moving things around. I am finishing a 40x60 shop and there are couple things on mobile bases that get shifted every so often to make working with them more convenient.

Michael Weber
03-29-2008, 8:47 PM
Well thanks. Really wasn't gloating. Figure this is really going to cut into my hobby. Just funny how life works out some times. Been in the current house about 28 years. Thought I was finally safe. I will leave the tools on the mobile bases of course. Never know when my wife might cast her eye on my space and I'll be back in a mini-shop.

Scott Haddix
03-29-2008, 11:19 PM
My wife is convinced we can now never move because the hassle of moving my wood shop would be greater than the pain from moving the rest of the house combined!

Congratulations on the home purchase and I hope the move goes smoothly for you and you get another 30 years of enjoyment from your new home and the projects it spawns.

Don Bullock
03-29-2008, 11:34 PM
Michael, that's a fantastic position to be in. Congratulations!!! I wish you the best on your move.

David DeCristoforo
03-30-2008, 12:00 AM
Just think how easy it's going to be to move those machines to their new home now that they are all on wheels. Maybe you should build mobile bases for all you furniture too...

YM

Michael Weber
03-30-2008, 8:54 AM
Just think how easy it's going to be to move those machines to their new home now that they are all on wheels. Maybe you should build mobile bases for all you furniture too...

YM

LOL. Gonna suggest that to the wife. I'll let you handle the response.;)
Thanks everyone for your kind responses.
Fortunately, we have time to do the move piecemeal as we won't be listing our present home for a few weeks.