PDA

View Full Version : Lie-Nielsen ToolWorks in Chicago

Heather Thompson
03-29-2008, 8:30 AM
I just checked my snail mail and received a postcard announcing a "Hand Tool Event" on April 11th and 12th. On Friday it will run from Noon-6PM and 10AM-5PM on Saturday, the event will be held at Jeff Millers school at 1774 W. Lunt Av, Chicago. The demonstrators listed are Christopher Schwarz, Steve Latta, John Economaki, Thomas Lie-Nielsen and of course Jeff Miller. I hope to meet some fellow Creekers there, I plan on being there promptly at Noon on Friday.

Heather :p

Bill McDermott
04-11-2008, 10:34 AM
Heather, Greetings. I have taken a few classes from Jeff and am going to attend Saturday. What a great opportunity! I have the whole day tomorrow blocked out for the event. If you return on Saturday, I'll see you there. Enjoy! Bill

Jim Koepke
04-11-2008, 11:03 AM
Gee, I wish I were in Chicago.

jim

Katherine Bercaw
04-11-2008, 1:38 PM
Saturday for a couple hours

Matt Bickford
04-11-2008, 1:53 PM
Lie-Nielsen stopped in Philadelphia back in October. It was fantastic. Just a heads up: I think that Friday afternoon was as busy, if not more so, than Saturday. I went Friday at 4:30 and the crowd had tapered off. This was the opposite of what I had expected.

Jim Mims
04-11-2008, 4:04 PM
I wish I were closer to Chicago too!
Funny, I just finished reading Christopher Swartz blog entry "A Sawing Contest"
http://www.popularwoodworking.com/techniquearticle?id=14853 with those same guys. Interesting read and definitely Neat Stuff.
- Jim

Heather Thompson
04-12-2008, 9:39 AM
I did not think anyone was going to respond to this post. :( Did not make it there on Friday as planned, but I will be there today, hopefully all day.

Heather :)