PDA

View Full Version : accessories for you pm3250b's

Ron Oastler
03-28-2008, 7:30 PM
I am in the process of selling my lathe and looking at buying the powermatic 3520b, what accessories would you suggest, and my old lathe has a #2 morris taper with 1" by 8 threads, I don't want to get rid of my chucks or my oneway vacuum system, is there and adaptor that will go on the pm3520 so I can use these, I am still trying to find out exactly how I will get the lathe but I talked with Joseph Osolnik and they will ship the lathe to Syracuse NY and I can pick it up there and bring it back to Kingston Ontario or if I can find a place in Watertown NY they will ship it there, I just need to check with canadian customs about bring it across the border.

first tiem on the site and there is a lot of really good stuff here, great turnings and very good advice

thanks Ron in Kingston

Jim Becker
03-28-2008, 8:32 PM
Welcome to SMC, Ron!

Many OneWay products use adapters to adjust to different spindle sizes. You should give them a ring to discuss. I believe your MT#2 stuff will work just fine with the new lathe, too.

Kurt Bird
03-28-2008, 9:03 PM
Check out mustardmonstergooglepages.com (no www). Lots of info, including delivery and setup.
Kurt:)

Bill Bolen
03-28-2008, 9:12 PM
Welcome Ron! The more the merrier! Hope you enjoy yourself here. Could you not just get new inserts for your chucks to go to the 1 1/4X8 spindle. Ditto the above, all kinds of good infor for mustard owners at the mustard monster site. I believe thaey even have a " how to" to make a secondary on/off switch....Bill..

Gordon Seto
03-28-2008, 9:26 PM
Ron,

A good spindle adapter would cost $60 and may introduce alignment problem, over hang cantilever. It would be better to avoid it. If you don't have to switch between lathes, I would suggest you consider selling the old inserts to subsidize new inserts.

With a bigger lathe, you want the larger 1¼" spindle, IMO, it doesn't make sense to convert it to back to a weaker 1" spindle size.