PDA

View Full Version : My saw is BIGGER than Norm's (Now if I can use it?)

Charlie T. Bear
03-28-2008, 6:38 PM
OK I know I am just showing off! Please don't take me wrong here. I am just so proud of my saw if I don't show it to someone I will explode!

I Built My Jet into the table to use as a stacked dado saw. (I hate changing blades!)

The Main saw is a Grizzly G0605X 12" Extreme Series Tablesaw (http://www.grizzlyimports.com/products/12-Extreme-Series-Tablesaw-Single-Phase/G0605X) 5 Horse. WOW what a saw!!!!!!!!!!! I am in love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bought an Excalibur slider and attached it. The last Mod I will be making is to put my router lift on the right side.

Maybe you guys can appreciate this My wife just don't understand!

Jason Beam
03-28-2008, 7:01 PM
A kegorator????

Peter Quadarella
03-28-2008, 7:22 PM
LOL nice job sneaking the last picture in.

gary Zimmel
03-28-2008, 7:58 PM
Charlie

Nice looking setup. Congrats on the new toy....

And yes we understand even if our wives don't!

Vince Shriver
03-28-2008, 8:00 PM
A kegorator????

Alcohol and machinery - now that's an epiphany, great idea! Kidding aside I like the way you have the two table saws arranged.

Chris Padilla
03-28-2008, 8:03 PM
All I see is beer...nothing else is visible.

:D

Charlie T. Bear
03-28-2008, 8:29 PM
All I see is beer...nothing else is visible.

Nice aint it! That was my birthday present. I do LOVE my wife!!!!!

PS. The tap is there only after 5 pm I like a drink or 2 or 3 or!!! While I am waxing the tools!

Jim Becker
03-28-2008, 8:48 PM
Quite a setup...and, err...the saw station is nice, too. :D LOL

Jim Dunn
03-28-2008, 9:24 PM
I just glad I don't drink! Course I still have my memory's. Nicely done on the saw arrangement.

George Sanders
03-28-2008, 9:51 PM
Cool setup. Now can we all come over and toast the new keg...er saw?

Pat Zabrocki
03-28-2008, 10:04 PM
Beer and power tools, now thats a man cave. that keg probably serves staight testosterone. :D

Love it, looks like big shop too, gotta love that.
Pat

Dave Hale
03-28-2008, 11:29 PM
South Orange to Corning..... Google Maps......

238 miles...Little over 4 hours.. Darn. I guess your 'cooler' is safe. ;)

Love the setup.

I understand your enthusiasm.
Doing my first bandsaw box tonight. SWMBO is having a 'crop'. I've been in 3 times showing of the results. Like they even care. :)

Bart Leetch
03-28-2008, 11:32 PM
So what kind of production to you do?

Don Bullock
03-28-2008, 11:57 PM

No, most don't. Mine just asks, "How much."

Nice set up for the saw.

Eric Larsen
03-29-2008, 2:22 AM

Well, does she drink Yuengling, too?

Tim Malyszko
03-29-2008, 9:02 AM
Sweet keg-a-rator. I miss my old college one. During the cold months I have to smoke my cigars in the shop, this would make a great addition to my "man room".

O yea, the saw is nice too:D.

James Suzda
03-29-2008, 9:11 AM
It's nice having bragging rights on "mine is bigger than yours", but doesn't having a 12 inch saw limit your choice of saw blades somewhat?

David Eisan
03-29-2008, 9:54 AM
Hello there,

Why do you have your sliding table installed *so* far away from the blade?

Why didn't you remove the left hand wings and cut your fence down?

You have about 2 feet where the fence from the sliding table is dragging the material across cast iron instead of being on the sliding table.

David, who has installed more than his fair share of Excalibur sliding tables.

Peter Quinn
03-29-2008, 10:17 AM
Gotta show these pics (just the last one actually) to LOML. Trying to tell her that if I get a big enough keg it can serve as part of a geothermal heat pump system for whole house cooling...err...well that's my belief and I'm sticking to it!

Nice saw too!

Steve Vaughn
03-29-2008, 4:15 PM
It's nice having bragging rights on "mine is bigger than yours", but doesn't having a 12 inch saw limit your choice of saw blades somewhat?

Chuck Norris makes his saw blades.

Steve

Eric Haycraft
03-29-2008, 4:24 PM
OK I know I am just showing off!

Yes yes yes.. but did you see Norm's new assistant?

bob cohen
03-29-2008, 4:59 PM
You guys can call me a prude if you want, but I think it is a crazy bad idea to have beer in a shop. Accidents can happen even when your faculties are at their sharpest.

JohnT Fitzgerald
03-29-2008, 5:32 PM
Nice setup - the saw *and* the kegerator :)

Not sure I'd want to go head to head with Norm, no matter HOW nice my saw was... ;)

Bryan Berguson
03-29-2008, 9:49 PM
Charlie,

Nice saw setup!

Now, to completely change the subject... Do you like pizza and do you ever go to Aniellos (sp?)? :D I'm about 30 miles south of you and we never pass through Corning without stopping for the best pizza around. :rolleyes:

Bryan

Charlie T. Bear
03-29-2008, 11:26 PM

No The latest edition of this saw cone with 2 arbors so I can run 10 in blades as well as 12"

Charlie T. Bear
03-29-2008, 11:28 PM
Sweet keg-a-rator. I miss my old college one. During the cold months I have to smoke my cigars in the shop, this would make a great addition to my "man room".

O yea, the saw is nice too:D.

TOO funny Its the only place I am allowed to smoke cigars in TOO!~

Charlie T. Bear
03-29-2008, 11:37 PM
Hello there,

Why do you have your sliding table installed *so* far away from the blade?

Why didn't you remove the left hand wings and cut your fence down?

You have about 2 feet where the fence from the sliding table is dragging the material across cast iron instead of being on the sliding table.

David, who has installed more than his fair share of Excalibur sliding tables.

I moved the slider back far enough so I could cross cut plywood from the front.
I keep it waxed enough the I feel NO drag on the cast, Besides the Moter sticks out pretty far. I didnt want to cut the fence off a 2000 dollar saw to add a slider that I paid 225 for. It works great the way it is. I dont understand why anyone would give up smooth surface to add a slider when the slider fence adgusts to the surface. I have made many crosscuts on this saw already and it works perfectly.

Charlie T. Bear
03-29-2008, 11:48 PM
You guys can call me a prude if you want, but I think it is a crazy bad idea to have beer in a shop. Accidents can happen even when your faculties are at their sharpest.

read the earlier post. I don't drink during work hours. I have a beer or two AFTER hours. I may wax the tools or clean up with a beer in hand but the main breaker is off by then.

I am old enough to respect tools. Can you say no to a drink when its Inappropriate? I can. The keg is in the shop because of space. Not because I drink all day. Lighten up! I have paid my dues! If I want to drink in my shop after the power is off to the tools I have that right!

Charlie T. Bear
03-29-2008, 11:51 PM
Charlie,

Nice saw setup!

Now, to completely change the subject... Do you like pizza and do you ever go to Aniellos (sp?)? :D I'm about 30 miles south of you and we never pass through Corning without stopping for the best pizza around. :rolleyes:

Bryan

Bryon Belive it or not I have never eaten ther but I will add it to my list!

When you come to town give me a yell! We will have a beer!:D

Bryan Berguson
03-30-2008, 9:03 AM
Bryon Belive it or not I have never eaten ther but I will add it to my list!

When you come to town give me a yell! We will have a beer!:D

I find that hard to believe! :) The best part about their pizza is that it is always made the same. They make it great everytime.

I'll do that! :D

Bryan

Chris Barnett
03-30-2008, 9:51 AM
Huge glue dispenser in the last frame? Yellow or brown?

Mike Gager
03-31-2008, 8:30 AM
man that is nice

grizzly.com list that saw for like $1995. thats about 1200 more then i could afford but it sure looks sweet!