PDA

View Full Version : Graphtec Vinyl cutter

William Johanson
03-28-2008, 6:33 PM
Sorry this is not laser specific but I figured some of you have vinyl cutters as well. I have recently picked up a slightly used FC7000-75. I am having some trouble setting it up.Whenever I send a job to the cutter all it cuts is a long string of various numbers up the right side of the media. I am using quickcut 1.6 with the Corel plug-in to run the unit. ANy ideas out there? I was also wondering, This unit came with Signlab 7.0. Would I be better off running this software with this unit. I purchased this unit at an auction so I can not get assistance from the original owner and I am still waiting for Graphtec support to call me back. Thanks

Bill

Joe Pelonio
03-28-2008, 7:09 PM
Signlab may have a learning curve problem for you but probably has the drivers included and will install them correctly for you on installation.

Make sure the configuration on the corel plugin matches the Graphtec, mine's a FC5100-75 but it may be the same, see pm sent.

William Johanson
03-28-2008, 7:51 PM
Just an FYI I just got off of the phone with Graphtec Tech Support and I am up and running. There is a setting in the Menu that you have a choice between HPGL and GPGL I was on the wrong setting. Maybe someone else can use this info. Now I have to get busy learning how to run it.

Have a great weekend all,

Bill

ps Thanks Joe I got your PM, I returned one to you.