PDA

View Full Version : KUDOS to SMC and laser-creekers

Stephen Beckham
03-28-2008, 2:19 PM
Well - another thanks to the crew. Had a flaw with the Mini 24 - Friday evening before Easter Sunday - with 220 boxes that had to be etched and delivered for Monday...

Simple fix - follow the threads on SMC and give the steps a shot for similar problems... I was able to get it back up and call EPILOG Monday morning to order the part with only having to confirm the flaw with tech support.

Thanks to everyone who contributes - monetarily and technically!

If you haven't contributed to the SMC yet - $6 a year is a pittance for what you get!

Brian Robison
03-28-2008, 2:50 PM
Hey Stephen,
Now you have my curiosity up! What was it?

Stephen Beckham
03-28-2008, 4:42 PM
Sure - it was the head shifting randomly. The photo shows a sample - right in the center of US Army and in the pole. This was early on before it started getting bad.

I ran through the checklist in the book - basically one step then call tech support. They closed early for the Easter Weekend... :o Probably something I should have done....

Cleaned the Encoder Strip - Nope!

Flipped the cable - DONE!

I would have never thought about the cable if I had not seen it here first. It only cost $25 and I had it Tuesday. The other one worked good enough to finish the job and deliver on time... Sucks about the 10 I ruined since I had 10 on there at the same time for the first run. Hit go - came back and had a few choice words to say....

It was a short phone call with Tech Support on Monday - can't remember all of it, but the gentleman confirmed the steps and asked where I came up with the steps - I told him SMC!

Ed Maloney
03-29-2008, 8:16 AM
Steve - What kind of wood did you use?

Thad Nickoley
03-29-2008, 1:41 PM
Stephen,

exactly what cable was it that was bad?

Scott Shepherd
03-29-2008, 8:26 PM
It's a 4 pin ribbon cable that runs in the channel of the I-Beam. It goes from the right side of the machine (fixed) to the actual head that the lens assembly is on. It's the "encoder cable".

Thad Nickoley
03-29-2008, 8:57 PM
ok thanks that's the flat cable that looks like it should wear out since it moves so much.

Stephen Beckham
03-30-2008, 7:25 PM
Ed,

It's the rosewood business card holders from Laserbits...