PDA

View Full Version : remember

Cliff Rohrabacher
03-28-2008, 1:42 PM
when people were so naive and trusting in the goodness of others that they put their SS numbers on nearly everything?
On things you though might get stolen even?

Now when some one hands out a form with a blank spot for the SS number it's best to draw a line through it.

Al Wasser
03-28-2008, 1:58 PM
If I want to be polite, I just put NA, and if I don't I put NYFB. I would like someone to show me the law that made your SS# a national ID no.

Rod Sheridan
03-28-2008, 2:01 PM
Gee Cliff, that took me back in years.

I remember in college we used our SIN# (Social Insurance Number) as our Student Identification Number.

It went on assignements, exams, text books, everything.

Now of course, it's considered confidential.

Funny how times change...........Rod.

Greg Cole
03-28-2008, 3:37 PM
I can remember my school ID # being my SS number too... but might not be as many years back as some.:D Even in college and I graduated in '96...It was my drivers license number for a few years too.... until ID theft became what it is.

Greg

JohnT Fitzgerald
03-28-2008, 4:03 PM
I think if I go to the local registry of deeds (where all the proprty owners and their respective mortgages are listed), I can get all the SSN's I desire.

Cliff Rohrabacher
03-31-2008, 9:31 AM
I think if I go to the local registry of deeds (where all the proprty owners and their respective mortgages are listed), I can get all the SSN's I desire.

Ohhh that's horrible~!! Reminds me of a land scam that one could pull in FL ( it may still be possible). The perp would go to the county recorder's office and register an address change for some vacant lots. Then he'd pay the tax and put the land up for sale and disappear in the night as soon as the checks were cashed.