PDA

View Full Version : Invitation To A Free Finishing Symposium

Dave Anderson NH
03-28-2008, 12:35 PM
Hi Folks,

The Guild of NH Woodworkers would like to invite all New England woodworkers to attend our FREE wood finishing symposium Saturday April 19th at Pinkerton Academy in Derry NH. As part of our obligation to the general woodworking public we offer a free symposium every three years on a topic of interest. The guild is an IRS recognized 501c3 non-profit with the primary mission of woodworking education.

Full details including a schedule, list of presenters, and directions can be found at www.gnhw.org/finishing2008/ (http://www.gnhw.org/finishing2008/)

We hope to see you there.

Dave Anderson
President
The Guild of NH Woodworkers

Dave Anderson NH
03-31-2008, 9:38 AM
I thought I'd kick this back up to the top. We have some great presenters including Teri Masachi who was a member of our guild years ago before she moved out west. If any of you folks live close enough to attend, please introduce yourself to me. I'll be the guy boring you with the welcome speech.

Ken Fitzgerald
03-31-2008, 9:52 AM
I've been watching this thread wishing we were neighbors Dave!

Joe Cunningham
03-31-2008, 10:37 AM
I have Teri Masachi's "Foolproof finishing" book and have found it quite useful. I've used her techniques to improve my finishing on my last two projects.

I'd like to attend but unfortunately other commitments have me tied up. Looks like it ought to be quite a useful symposium.

Mark Stutz
03-31-2008, 11:12 AM
Dave,
Is this going to be archived on video?

Mark

Dave Anderson NH
03-31-2008, 12:53 PM
Mark We are going to video each of the presenters and have it available on DVD. Of course, the spare room is empty and LFOD is the day before, and then your son is at Tufts........