PDA

View Full Version : New TS Gloat

Paul Fitzgerald
03-27-2008, 8:26 PM
Well, it was bound to happen sooner or later...

HD actually ran a sale on RIDGID power tools, so I picked up a new TS3660!

It was on sale for $466. They wanted to give me an extra $100 off for signing up for a MasterCard. I had no interest in another credit card, but they just wouldn't stop hounding me. I don't like taking advantage of these so-called deals, because I feel like I'm ripping them off.

But turnabout's fair play. They wouldn't stop hounding me, so I signed up for the MasterCard (which I'll never use) and got it for $366. Serves 'em right for being pushy with their credit card sign-up quotas.

Assembly was a breeze. PALS made alignment easy. A coat of T9 Boeshield should keep rust at bay. And three coats of Renaissance wax made the table nice and slick. Oh, and I picked up one of those Woodworker II blades from Amazon.

Without further ado... here she is:

Paul

Jim O'Dell
03-27-2008, 8:28 PM
That's a great deal on a realy nice contractor saw. I have the older brother, 3612, and it has performed very well for me. Congrats! Jim.

Jim Becker
03-27-2008, 8:49 PM
Another one of those "tough to lose in the shop" orange legged saws! LOL Congratulations, Paul. Enjoy!

Craig D Peltier
03-27-2008, 9:05 PM
I had that saw.I thought the fence worked great.
I changed cause I really wanted 50 inch rails and a little more power. I stopped the blade on my ridgid a few times hacking through thick oak.
Good saw for the money for sure.
Ridgid also has there own forum with tons of info for you on it.

allan cripe
03-27-2008, 9:08 PM
I just got a 3660 and a WWII as well. I'm an aggie down here in texas, and my wife is already giving me crap about the orange legs..........

I think you did quite well!! Hell, all they have to do is offer my wife a free tshirt and she signs up for a credit card!!! I love this saw, and you will too.

gig em, aggies

Al

John Shuk
03-27-2008, 9:25 PM
That's a smoking deal. $466 is a great price on that saw. $366 is unreal. Enjoy it.

John Maeda
03-27-2008, 9:55 PM
Nice buy. :D

Now just make sure that credit card doesn't cost you the 100$ you saved. Stash it someplace other then the wallet and smile.