PDA

View Full Version : Incra and Jointech Router Fences

Art Travers
03-27-2008, 3:57 PM
Hi Fellas:
Can I get some discussion comparing Incra and Jointech..
Would be appreciated...thinking of getting one of them

Brent Ring
03-27-2008, 3:59 PM
I have the incra Ultra lite. - Love it! Quick and Easy to adjust...

Greg Cole
03-27-2008, 4:08 PM
Hi Art,
I can't say anything about the Jointech, but I have an incra TS fence with the router joinery package. I really like the incremental positioning style fence & especially for the router table. Once you get used to using them, they're pretty darn good. With below & above table DC, routing is nice n clean too.
My complaint is having my router table attached to my TS, but that's not Incra's problem per say.
I am guessing you can't really go wrong with either, as I've not heard anything bad about either except for those who aren't into the incremental positioners.
Greg

Craig Thompson
03-27-2008, 4:20 PM
Hi Art,

I have one of each... They are so simular, can't complain, The adjustment jig on the Jointech is metal vs the nylon on the Incra... never had an issue with either, but the offset design for the fence on the jointech would probably steer me to purchasing the jointech again.

JayStPeter
03-27-2008, 4:37 PM
I upgraded from an older Incra jig to the Jointech. I've responded to similar questions a few times. Here's a couple. You can get to the entire thread to see everyones responses in the upper right. Let me know if you have any specific questions. - Jay
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showpost.php?p=520660&postcount=3
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showpost.php?p=390861&postcount=8

Greg Cole
03-27-2008, 4:40 PM
FWIW, the newer Incra's have a split router fence as well.

Greg

Homer Faucett
03-27-2008, 5:01 PM
Hi Fellas:
Can I get some discussion comparing Incra and Jointech..
Would be appreciated...thinking of getting one of them

Are you looking at the router fence or the table saw fence? With regard to the table saw setups, the Incra TSLS and the Jointech appear to be extremely similar to the point that I would make my decision on price point. I bought the TSLS and have been very happyl.

Raymond Fries
03-27-2008, 6:16 PM
I have the Incra LS Super and it is great and would recommed it to anyone. I have never used the Jointech but many others on this forum have it and can give good recommedations.

If you search the forum, there are a lot of threads with info that will help you decide on which way you want to go.

Good luck...

Dave Falkenstein
03-27-2008, 6:27 PM
FWIW, the newer Incra's have a split router fence as well.

Greg

I have an Incra Twin Linear router fence that I bought a number of years ago. It has a split fence with both sides independently adjustable in the front/back plane for offset cutting operations. This feature has been available on Incra fences for a long time.

I have nothing but good things to say about Woodpecker products and customer service.

Cary Swoveland
03-27-2008, 6:39 PM
This subject has been discussed quite a bit in the past. I suggest you do an advanced search, titles only, on

incra jointech

Several threads will come up, including a thread from last year called "Incra versus Jointech".

Cary

Jim Newman
03-27-2008, 7:05 PM
I have the Jointech and it has always worked great for me. Router lift I added a couple years ago is also nice. I have only heard good things about the Incra. I believe the original owner of Jointech manufactured the Incra product and made his a little heavier duty when he decided to strike out on his own. Obviously, Incra owners feel very satisfied with their product as well! I know Jointech just changed owners in the last year as the original owner died.....they always treated me very well. Just go with what you like. I originally purchased the cabinetmaker's system and binder notebook and made Woody's Router Cabinet, which I also highly recommend.

Bill Wyko
03-27-2008, 7:08 PM
INCRA Miter 1000se does 1/10th degree incraments. Best miter I ever layed my hands on. Others are more money and just don't compair. Go on www.incra.com (http://www.incra.com) and check out the gallery. I have a few pieces in there.

Alan Trout
03-27-2008, 8:41 PM
I have the largest Jointech system they make. I have used both but purchased the Jointech because I preferred it over the Incra. To me a heavier built unit. On the Incremental positioned or in Jointech lingo the Clincher I really like the center finder. When you learn to use this it is a fabulous feature. I quite often use the split fence as a edge jointer for small pieces I don't wont to run over my big jointer and it works great. Also the zero clearance inserts are nice for limiting tear out with large panel raising bits. I cut most of my dado's on my table as well and the positioner is very handy for that as well. All in all I would purchase another Jointech system.

Good Luck

Alan

matt dumney
03-27-2008, 9:11 PM
Amazon just had the 17" incra on sale. I snagged one but haven't used it.

JayStPeter
03-27-2008, 9:26 PM
Every one is different I guess. Being able to offset the fence faces is something that I've used so little it has zero impact on my decision making process. In fact, I find the ease of doing it with the jointech slightly annoying.

howard s hanger
03-27-2008, 11:52 PM
I have the Jointech system as well. It is very solid and their customer service is great! It's a family business. The original owner passed away a little over a year ago and his widow sold the manufacturing rights to their long time general manager. The new owner's sister answers the phone and handles the orders, his father and brother are also involved. They are now called itools but are keeping the Jointech name for the products. My smart miter had a problem recently and they repaired it without charge. I am going to San Antonio in a week or so to pick up another fence only system for the Laguna Platinum TS I'm ordering. I like to support family businesses. They are the backbone of the U.S. economy.