PDA

View Full Version : Granite/Marble Colors

Sylvia Mossbrucker
03-27-2008, 1:30 PM
Just wondering, has anyone ever lazered on any color of granite/marble other than black and if so how did it look, please provide pictures if possible would love to see the work!!

Daniel Cline
03-27-2008, 2:32 PM
Here are a few of the materials I have attempted. :eek:

Lettering on Brick, Persian carpet on travertine, Creation on Black Galaxy granite, Lettering carved into white marble and a friends native design in Jade.

I will load more when I get a chance.

Daniel

Sylvia Mossbrucker
03-28-2008, 1:12 PM
Wow, thanks so much that is some wonderful work just what I was wanting to see, if you can show more pics please do would love to see them....Mossy

Bill Cunningham
03-29-2008, 9:54 PM
Marble is capable of much higher definition than granite, and can be etched using the halftone function in your driver.. Photograv, unlike Granite, is not needed for marble.. The picture below was done into brown 'Empador lite' from H.D. and the actual picture is only 1.5 inches across..

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=63196&d=1177470860

Robert Rosensteel
03-30-2008, 10:18 AM
Hey Bill I see on your profile that you do polymer plate making how is this done. I have friends who are in the business of selling polymer for making figures. Just wanted to know if you use the laser some how? Thanks Robert

Bill Cunningham
04-01-2008, 8:27 PM
Hi Robert, Polymer plates are used for making letterpress printing plates, hard masters for creating a rubber stamp matrix in a vulcanizer, I also use it for casting rubberstamp polymer sheets for creating rubberstamps with the laser.. Much less smell, and faster engraving than rubber, but alas, not usable with oil or solvent based inks. In the past, before the laser, I used exposed washed out hard polymer plate for raised image plaques. You could spray it any colour, and run a hard roller over the surface to colour the raised image.. The plate maker will also make photopolymer dies for pad printers.. Mine has a Exposure, washout, and built in hot air dryer.. I bought it back in 92 for making polymer rubberstamps, and hard polymer hotstamping dies..The polymer hot stamping dies are not as durable as metal ones, but a lot of times you only have to run a 1000 or so pieces and their cheeeeap to make.. (compaired to 11 point mag dies)