PDA

View Full Version : Fein sander in Festool vac?

Vince Shriver
03-27-2008, 11:28 AM
I just bought a new Festool vac (mainly so I can hook it up to other Festools), but I have an old Fein detail sander ("multitool"). I need to add the dust collection tube to it, but wondered if anyone here knows if I can somehow attach this thing to a CT22 vac? If not, I guess to goes to my son and I start fresh with the Festool detail sander.

Brian Knodel
03-27-2008, 12:08 PM
I chopped up a Shop vac hose to make my own adapter. The Festool vac now fits everything the Shop vac did.

Brian

Michael Wildt
03-27-2008, 12:09 PM
While I don't have experience with that exact combination, don't have a Festool vac yet, it is always a royal pain to match these hoses and tools. Wish they could standardize the sizes.

I know both Fein and Festool sells adapters so bring out the caliper to get the needed dimensions and then find something that will work. I just got some plumming pieces to work around a similar issue. Only problem is that they still needs a bit of manual tuning.

Maybe we collectively could have the Creek folks measure the various adapters and post them on a spreadsheet. Makes a world of difference to find a converter.

Michael

Chris Padilla
03-27-2008, 12:17 PM
The Fein and Festool will fight each other to the death and you'll be left with a barely-standing Fein or Festool in the end. Either way, you lose so don't go there!!

;)

Peter Quinn
03-27-2008, 1:03 PM
I got a set from Porter Cable, one flexible rubber and several rigid fittings that seem to addapt to just about every tool I have, though I don't have any fein tools. Works for my festool sanders, PC tools, bosch tools and a makita chop box. Just maybe?