PDA

View Full Version : Auxiliary Programs (HiJack/Vextractor/Xat and Others)

Kevin L. Waldron
03-27-2008, 10:15 AM
I was wondering what extra programs most people are using for cleanup bit map/ vector files/solid modeling etc. I have the usual Corel x4, Flexi8 pro, Autocad, Turborcad, + all the cnc programs(Artcam, Rhinocam, Enroute, Vcarve etc). I have both a laser and a cnc router and it is time consuming to sometimes go between raster/bitmap .......... vector, solid modeling etc..

What I would like to know are HiJack, Vextractor, Xat and others really better at doing transfers, cleanups etc? They have good pricing.

Even programs like Photograv; I know that I can do this kind of image transfer using some of the other programs that I have. That doesn't mean that the high dollar programs are the simplest or fastest. Time is money and it is often better for others that work with you and for me to KISS(Keep it simple stupid).

Would like to here from people who use some of the off norm programs.

Thanks,

Kevin

Glenn Corser
03-27-2008, 4:26 PM
I bought Vextractor and it has worked well on some things and not very well on other. I first try to trace in X3, if on the first quick effort I get something lousy I go to Vextractor and try a quick trace. Usually I can tell from those two quick efforts which one I need to focus on.

Roy Brewer
03-27-2008, 11:50 PM
I have the usual Corel x4, Flexi8 pro, Autocad, Turborcad, + all the cnc programs(Artcam, Rhinocam, Enroute, Vcarve etc). Kevin,
Those are hardly "usual!" Sounds to me like the last thing you need to be asking about is additional software! :o