PDA

View Full Version : need protective covering

Dave Bureau
03-27-2008, 9:05 AM
Need protective covering for a window sill and casing. The dog jumps up to look outside and scratches the woodwork. need 90* bend 3" x3"x 6 feet long to cover the sill and moulding. 1/16 thick should be good. I also have a door that he sctatches but flat stock will be good for that. thinking of some clear plastic. anyone know where i can get that?

Anthony Whitesell
03-27-2008, 9:37 AM
You can get acrylic and lexan at HD and Lowes, usually in the windows & door department. But how will you bend it? They make vinyl covered (white on one side, brown on the other) tin that may be easier to work with. Check in the roofing area for it, it's usually in a roll.

Dave Bureau
03-27-2008, 10:58 AM
This is for interior use.

Ellen Benkin
03-27-2008, 11:37 AM
If you don't mind metal which can be painted, check with a company that makes gutters. If you give them the design and measurements, they can bend the metal to fit over the windowsill and you can either use caulk to attach it or screw it on. I've never had this done, but a gutter company made a pretty complex unit for drainage outside my house and I'm sure they could make a cap for a windowsill.

Dave Bureau
03-27-2008, 11:39 AM
I have a sheet metal shop and its not something that i would use inside my house. that would just get scratched up as well. I need something clear.
Dave

Lance Norris
03-27-2008, 12:39 PM
This isnt what you asked about, but will keep your dog off and away from areas you dont want him(her) getting into:

http://www.contech-inc.com/products/scatmat/

Sure works keeping the cat off the kitchen table. Also great fun at parties.:D

Dave Bureau
03-27-2008, 12:45 PM
Lance, that just might work. the 3" strip looks good I'll have to check the pet shop. my inground fence works great

Lance Norris
03-27-2008, 12:48 PM
Dave... They make a long, narrow one for windowsills.

Dave Bureau
03-27-2008, 12:51 PM
I am going to look into that for sure,
Dave

Lance Norris
03-27-2008, 12:52 PM
WOW...they really went up in price(what hasnt?) I got mine on that big auction site. Amazon has them cheaper, as well.