PDA

View Full Version : Hardwood floor refinisher

Matt Meiser
03-26-2008, 9:42 PM
We have an engineered oak floor in our foyer and hallway that is in good shape overall but is starting to show a little wear. I've seen a product at the Borg that is supposed to be able to be used to refinish floors. IIRC it was a two step process--some kind of adhesion promoter and then the finish. Some day we'll probably end up ripping up this floor and running new flooring throughout the foyer/hall/kitchen/dining room when the existing vinyl floor in the kitchen/dining room need to be replaced. But in the mean time I'm looking for an easy out to refresh the floor.

Edit: this is the kit I saw at Lowes: http://www.varathane.com/CBGProduct.asp?pid=67

Eddie Watkins
03-26-2008, 10:51 PM
Matt, I know this isn't exactly what you are looking for but LOML uses some stuff called Quick Shine or Quik Shine that seems to protect the floor fairly well and looks really good. She puts it over an oak floor finished with semi-gloss polyurethane and it makes it look like high gloss. It does need to be re-applied probably monthly. She also puts it on some brick pavers in the kitchen.

Eddie