PDA

View Full Version : Jet Canister dust collectors?

Jay Yoder
03-26-2008, 7:21 PM
I was looking thru my beloved Woodcraft flyer (which upon LOML's sighting causes her to cringe and roll her eyes) i saw they have the Jet DC w/canister and remote on sale. is it worth $100 more than the Delta 50-760(?) DC which gets rave reviews...anyone out there have either and what are your honest opinions???

Jason Beam
03-26-2008, 8:00 PM
If the delta you refer to doesn't have a canister, then yes. Absolutely.

Craig D Peltier
03-26-2008, 8:12 PM
I have the delta 760. Id like for it to have a canister for simply the ease of cleaning it. Yes the delta does get rave reviews though. 1 micron bag saves alot right there that comes standard with but a pain to clean out. I paid 160 for mine at lowes clearance.

Raymond Fries
03-26-2008, 8:19 PM
I just got my Delta 50-760 and it works wonderfully.

When I was shopping, I was comparing JDS to Jet at Woodcraft. I was confused about the CFM specs and called JDS to talk to a support person.

It appears that on the JDS there is only about 135 CFM loss by using the 1 micron bag opposed to the 1 micron canister.

I would assume that this loss would be close across brands and I decided that I would not miss this small amount with a bag.

I wound up getting the Delta from Amazon for about $359 with free shipping. The Jet 1 1/2 HP with the canister anb remote was $524.

I am very happy with my choice.

Hope this helps.

Jay Yoder
03-26-2008, 11:26 PM
the other issue i have is headroom. i have furnace ducts that are about 75" off floor which means that the DC's with bags wont fit. unless it is no big deal to drop the bag down while moving. maybe i will have to just get the canister...do the canisters wear out?

Tom Cowie
03-27-2008, 6:10 AM
Jay I have the model of Jet DC the your asking about. I couldn't imagine it without a remote or the canister. It has done a fine job for a portable collector. The only thing is the CFM ratings on these type of collectors are not always true. It is a one machine collector and works best setting beside the machine that you are using (10ft). I have mine plumbed to a drum sander , bandsaw and a universal outlet for other tools. It is maxed out . I need a cyclone, but haven't got to that yet.

Don't know much about the Delta but I would say that you should receive similar results from it as well.
Tom

John Gregory
03-27-2008, 11:42 AM
I have had that model for about 3 years and it works well. Like Tom said it is not a cylcone, but it does not cost like a cyclone either. The Woodcraft prices look good too. I have the one without the built in remote. Mine is in an adjacent room so I use another type of wireless remote.

Jay Yoder
03-27-2008, 8:51 PM
Is the remote worth it? i heard someone say that if the circuit board goes bad you cant turn it on...anyone heard of this?