PDA

View Full Version : What's the scoop on this sawmill??

Duane Broussard
03-26-2008, 3:01 PM
I looked on the forum but didn't see anything specific to sawmill questions. So since I'm a "turner", and I've met a few of you guys in here, I thought I'd at least start here. I'm looking into the Cook's MP-24 Hobby Sawmill, but I don't have any background on it's use. Anyone know about this machine?? Its price is right around $3000.00. If this is not a good machine, maybe someone could point me to one that is around that price that is a better machine. Any info is greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
Duane

William Bachtel
03-26-2008, 3:22 PM
I wood go with a Woodmizer, they are great machines and a great company to deal with. They also have a wide price range and resale value, I sound like a salesman but I am only a happy owner for over l0 years 1-800525-8100 :)

Duane Broussard
03-26-2008, 3:30 PM
Thanks William. The man I have cutting my wood now has a heavy duty Woodmizer. I'm just looking for feedback on this MP-24 by Cook becuase I have a brother who wants to go in half on the price. I just don't want to spend money on junk.

Nathan Hawkes
03-26-2008, 9:43 PM
check out www.arboristsite.com (http://www.arboristsite.com) and check out the "milling & sawmills" forum. There are lots of millers there that can probably help you out.

Duane Broussard
03-27-2008, 11:11 AM
Thanks alot Nathan!