PDA

View Full Version : Oneida Followup to the Followup

FRITZ STOOP
03-25-2008, 11:29 PM
:mad:After going through a hideous round of design/plan with Oneida, they, to their credit, refunded the design fee.
I emailed the GM, Jeffrey Hill to thank him. I attached a couple photos of what I felt were pieces of ducting that were dented or bent during shipping and unusable. They could probably be straightened somewhat and work well enough, but when I spend $2000+ on something, I want it to look new. I plan to install it like I build anything, plumb, level, professional looking. I know full well that once this stuff is bent, dented or ceased, there is no way to get it back to its original condition.
Mr. Hill replied, assuring me that the design fee would be credited that day, but ignored any mention of the shipping damage, completely.
A few days passed and I went online to do some financial stuff and noticed that my credit card balance was unexpectedly high. When I purchased the design work (sic) I payed for it with my personal card. The duct work was purchased using a business credit card, unrelated to the first account.
The person relieving me of more than $2K carefully took down the number of the business card, read it back to me, then cleverly charged it to the wrong account.
Fortunately, I quickly discovered the blunder, but the implications concerning someone's personal finances regarding this kind of mistake potentially could have been quite serious. I have not checked the business account as yet to see if I was double charged. One piece of bad news from Oneida per day is all I can handle.:confused:
Oneida has since contacted me, eager to get my money from the correct source. The person who took the second payment claims she entered the numbers into Oneida's system and went on to postulate that her computer must have not "taken it correctly.":p
Well, there you have it. My Oneida "experience" just keeps getting more bizarre and less professional with each passing day.
Makes me wonder if those glowing recommendations are nothing more than good will run amok.:eek:

Jim Dunn
03-26-2008, 9:25 AM
Fritz I sympathize with you problems, both design and monetarily. That said, I can just see the people at Oneida beating their heads on the desk and saying "Not another thing can possibly go wrong with Mr. Stoop's design" can it, yes. Happens to me some of the time. All I can do is straighten out the problems apologize profusely and hope that the people will think kindly of us in the future.

As to the dented piping I would stick by my guns and demand undented material. After all, that's what you payed for.

FRITZ STOOP
03-26-2008, 11:16 AM
if this were a top notch company, I would not have to "demand" anything.
Proper customer service would have them offering to replace damaged goods as a matter of course. Particularly in light of my treatment thus far.
They only do one thing, and my experience says they do it badly. It is up to them to repair this relationship, not me!

Matt Meiser
03-26-2008, 12:10 PM
I would call and ask for the president of the company's office. I actually think he might be a member here so you could probably email him too. If you don't get him directly, give a polite rundown on what all has happened and give him a chance to make it right. This seems to be one of those cases where they just need to have someone personally handle your account and make follow through making sure everything gets fixed. It certainly does seem to be one of those instances of everything falling into place to create multiple problems for you.

jason lambert
03-27-2008, 1:38 PM
I have been going for weeks with Oneida trying to work on a design with them they are totally useless. All I get is they want to charge me $200 which is fine but I can't even get anyone to really work with me they pretty much never get back to me. My shop is very hard with lots of obsticals I just don't think they want to deal with it.