PDA

View Full Version : Something Cool!!!

Bill Cunningham
03-25-2008, 10:59 PM
I just got the little upgrade window pop up telling me a new version of Firefox was avail. so after installing it I clicked the add on's button to see what was there.. They had a ad on called "CoolIris" once installed, any time you put your cursor over a link of anykind, a little icon shows up beside the link.. If you move your cursor to the icon, the link opens in a window in the middle of your screen you can move to the window, and treat it like a web page, or simply look to see what was on the other end of the link. If you move your cursor off the link, the window vanishes.. You can use it to quickly look at pictures, video, webpages with actually clicking the link.. I just though it was a cool time saver for the curious..!

Peter Stahl
03-26-2008, 6:11 AM
That is really cool! I even wrote this reply using it. Thanks, Pete

Jim Becker
03-26-2008, 8:46 AM
I've applied the upgrade (.13) and that extension was not supplied to me. But I'll have to check it out manually.

Edit: Downloaded and installed it...very handy!

Cliff Rohrabacher
03-26-2008, 12:23 PM
I just disabled that feature. I find it supremely annoying when I'm reading to have those boxes popping up.

Jim Becker
03-26-2008, 2:47 PM
Cliff, you don't need to leave it running all the time. In the lower right corner of FF, there is a little box to enable or disable the feature. Turn it on when it would be useful and turn it off to keep it from intruding. It's pretty thoughtful that they included that easy switch, IMHO.

Cliff Rohrabacher
03-27-2008, 9:48 AM
Cliff, you don't need to leave it running all the time. In the lower right corner of FF, there is a little box to enable or disable the feature. Turn it on when it would be useful and turn it off to keep it from intruding. It's pretty thoughtful that they included that easy switch, IMHO.

HA~!! I got an unexpected pop up the other day and instantly went into "indignant mode." All I wanted to do was kill the damn thing.

I'm one of those dyslexic kids who runs his cursor over his reading like a four year old using his finger to suss out the words on a page. Those pop ups make me crazy.

Randy Klein
03-27-2008, 9:58 AM
Oooh, I like this. Thanks.

Bill Cunningham
04-01-2008, 10:01 PM
It's real handy if you post a lot of job pictures here, in the attachment section of your profile, you don't have to click the icons to see what you have uploaded by file name.. The window slides open, and there it is..
I love it...