PDA

View Full Version : Help finding a New Yankee Workshop wet wall video

Loren Blount
03-25-2008, 10:19 PM
My local pbs station didn't air the "wet wall" episode in the kitchen cabinet series because they were fund raising on that sunday. Does anyone know how I can get a copy of just that episode? I have the rest of the episodes on my dvr that have been aired. I hate to have to buy the entire set to get one episode.

Thanks Loren

Brian Effinger
03-25-2008, 10:27 PM
You can order just that episode (or any of the other individual episodes) from their website. It's $25 which is a lot more than free recording, but at least you'd have the episode.

http://www.newyankee.com/getproduct.php?0804

(If it's not ok to link this, I'm sorry. Just let me know :) )

Loren Blount
03-25-2008, 10:52 PM
Thanks, for some reason I thought it was only available as a set. Maybe I'll get lucky and they will re air it. Then I'd have 25$ more to spend on tools, wood, ect...

Loren

Greg Hines, MD
03-25-2008, 10:53 PM
I think your only hope is that they may air it at a later date. One reason that I have been putting them on DVD as soon as they air.

Doc

Loren Blount
03-26-2008, 3:46 PM
Greg, Do you have the "wet wall" on dvd? If so, would you consider making a copy for me? I am putting the series together for my local woodworking groups library. We can pay you for postage & DVD. We can't technically pay for the material (NYW) as it is copyrighted, however if you were "donating" it, I don't think the NYW would have a problem with that. Just an idea.

Thanks Loren

Brian Effinger
03-26-2008, 5:27 PM
Greg, Do you have the "wet wall" on dvd? If so, would you consider making a copy for me? I am putting the series together for my local woodworking groups library. We can pay you for postage & DVD. We can't technically pay for the material (NYW) as it is copyrighted, however if you were "donating" it, I don't think the NYW would have a problem with that. Just an idea.

Thanks Loren

I recently bought one of those things to hook up my dvr to the computer, but haven't used it yet. I plan on taking everything I have saved off of the dvr (because it is nearly full) and burning it on dvd's. I'm going to make a trial run in the next day or so, and if all goes well, I'd be willing to burn one for you as well. I'll let you know if I have success.

Brian

Loren Blount
03-26-2008, 9:34 PM
Brian
Thanks for the offer, let me know if it works and I'll get you my address
Loren

Duane Mohney
03-26-2008, 10:18 PM

Thanks Loren

Just as an FYI: Technically what you are doing isn't legal in any form. Private personal use is all the broadcast is licensed for.

Dave MacArthur
03-26-2008, 11:25 PM
Sorry to rain on the idea, but I have to back up Duane--the concept of "sharing with friends" is what shut Napster down and has gotten all those folks sued for big $ by the recording industry for swapping music files.
I missed that one too, and sure would like it, but the absolute last thing I'd do to get it is post openly on a forum ;)