PDA

View Full Version : Looking for power tool drawings for Visio

Gary Salisbury
03-25-2008, 4:09 PM
I just retired and am planning on building a new workshop addition (20' x 36') on to my house. I've been using Microsoft Visio to layout some conceptual drawings of my design before handing it off to an architect.

What I am looking for are top-down view drawings of stationary power tools. All my big tools are JET so I called them and inquired if they had CAD drawings of their tools. I was told they didn't (which I find hard to believe) so I started looking for power tool drawing files on the net. I found some but not anything near what I really need.

I did see that some users have used the free Google Sketch-up to draw their shops and have some tools available for download but these are only in the Sketch-up format.

Does anyone know where I can get Visio symbols or CAD drawings of stationary power tools that I can use in Visio without having to draw each tool myself?

Thanks,
Gary in San Diego :cool:

Rick Hubbard
03-25-2008, 5:44 PM
Does anyone know where I can get Visio symbols or CAD drawings of stationary power tools that I can use in Visio without having to draw each tool myself? :cool:

This is a pretty decent set of Visio Stencils with lots of WW tools.

http://home.comcast.net/~hchute/woodshop_visio.htm