PDA

View Full Version : 2 wood gloats +?

curtis rosche
03-25-2008, 11:43 AM
i recenlty saw a tree being taken down in quarryville and then later stopped by to take a look. i cut off a couple burl(3) and a bunch of knobs where the branch had been cut and then grown over these had a lot of figure. i also got a slab the tree is about 3ft round the bark was pinkish gray i dont know what type it was. the bigger knob has a neat looking "tree" pattern figure in it

to all of those who wight want some that live in pa, there is still a lot of the tree left there are 4 peices 5ftx3+ft that are still there and its full of figure there are 2 huge crotch peices i couldnt get my step dad to cut, the slab you could get would be about 6ft long by 3 ft:eek:
its in quarryville pa you just go down mainstreet and its in the front lawn of an old large red house with a rap around porch the wood will be there till wensday when the guy is getting rid of it

i will post pics later so some one can help identify it

i allso went to my grandparrents on sunday and got some apple burl from them too just some smaller ones and some good size crotch peices. i also got a 2.5ft round multiy crotch peice of magnolia any one ever turn maglnolia ?

Rick Huelsbeck
03-25-2008, 1:34 PM
In my opinion anyway, but then with no pics, it didn't happen as the saying goes :eek::D

curtis rosche
03-26-2008, 1:56 PM
heres the pics

apple logs (theres more just not in the pic) and magnolia crotch

curtis rosche
03-26-2008, 2:00 PM
more pics

the unknown wood

charlie knighton
03-26-2008, 6:01 PM
yes i have turned magnolia, love the grain

Ben Gastfriend
03-26-2008, 6:12 PM
Well, good luck with that mangolia, and I can't wait to see the finished product! Nice gloat!

curtis rosche
03-27-2008, 10:51 AM
so what kind of wood does the other stuff look like i couldnt figure it out