PDA

View Full Version : need some fish

Chuck Mitchell
03-24-2008, 6:08 PM
I need some artwork for a Flounder, a red fish, and a trout...Please help!!!!!!

I'm in Texas and the fishing tournaments are in abundance!!!

Thanks,

Chuck
:cool:

Skip Weiser
03-24-2008, 11:14 PM
Here's a couple of Flounder and Trout, Chuck.

Skip

Bill W. White
03-24-2008, 11:57 PM
I'm a new laser owner and read all the post. This is by far the best most informative and active group I have ever seen. Thanks for all the good info and the unselfish sharing that goes on here. I do fishing trophies as the main part of my business so maybe I can help with fishing stuff. It is line art designed to be sand blasted carved in glass. I also paint just about everything we sell to the fisherman... I will try to post a couple files and let me know if they work for lasering. Bill white Melrose Florida

Chris Costello
03-25-2008, 2:51 AM
Did you do the artwork yourself?

Phyllis Meyer
03-25-2008, 10:07 AM
Thanks Bill for sharing the pictures...did you do the artwork yourself?

Sincerely,
Phyllis:)

Michael Kowalczyk
03-25-2008, 12:28 PM
Hey Chuck,

How are you? Was your Dad able to finish that project?

My Brother and I fish out of Galveston and usually hit the jetties for Bulls (Reds) or go in the East Bay for trout and flatties. My brother caught and released over 500lbs of Bulls last week. I am going to try to go this weekend and try to catch up to him. Even if I don't, it will still be fun trying;).

AL Ursich
03-25-2008, 1:24 PM
Bill,

Can you please post the Trout in a Version 12 please.

Thanks in advance,

AL

Bill W. White
03-25-2008, 10:31 PM
I really don't remember where this Redfish drawing came from I've been collecting and doing marine art for almost 20 years. I did the trout and the flounder from photo's I took of fish mounts, What I wanted to do when I purchased the laser was to add carving (3d) to the wood trophy bases. I saw the epilog laser at a show and they did the aztec calender and I thought this will work great..what detail... So far this has been a dead end as not much information about how to achieve the 3d effect, I have read all the archives I can find and have seen some great work but don't know where to start . Wouldn't the redfish look great if all the scales and structure of the fish were actually carved rather than just line art... I can do it in glass but how do you make the laser do it.. Bill W.

Mike DeRegnaucourt
03-25-2008, 11:00 PM
Hi Bill,

In order to achieve the 3D look you mention, you would need to add some grayscale shading. Then when you send it to the laser, make sure you set the driver into 3D mode. This will make the areas in the graphic that are darker (more black) to engraver deeper and the lighter areas to engrave less deep. It can get to be a pain to accomplish the look correctly. I've had a little luck using CorelDraw's Interactive Drop Shadow Tool. I hope this might help.

Chuck Mitchell
03-26-2008, 12:49 PM
Hey Mike,

got all of the parts cut out, just waiting on Dad to get it put together...I'll post the pics when it is complete!!!

By The Way...

Still need some fish, I showed the customer those that were poasted and she wanted something else...thought those looked too cartoonish????

Thanks!!!

Michael Kowalczyk
03-26-2008, 2:03 PM
Hey Chuck,
Why don't you ask her to supply you a few pictures of what she wants and then use Corel Trace to get your vectors?

Bill Cunningham
03-27-2008, 8:06 PM
In the memorable words of Douglas Adams:
"Thanks for all the fish!":D

Bill W. White
03-27-2008, 10:42 PM
Chuck...what are you going to make the trophies out of ? Glass, acrylic ? WOOD? ..Also does the tournament want a single fish or do they want a complete fish scene? As far as cartoon looking fish I think most line art especially fish look that way unless they are either painted or at least shaded.... If you could do some actual samples to show her maybe this would work... Attached is a combo trophy 2 redfish and trout Good Luck Bill White Melrose Florida

Jack Harper
03-28-2008, 11:00 AM
Try http://www.fws.gov/r9extaff/drawings/drawing.html