PDA

View Full Version : San Francisco Bay Area Creeker Get Together

Narayan Nayar
03-24-2008, 5:14 PM
Hi.

I've been seeing a lot of posts and replies from Bay Area residents and thought it might be good to arrange a meetup; I'm thinking some time in May. In absence of an existing plan, let me offer some proposals--any of these are of course up for discussion.

My shop is pretty small (1.5 car garage), but my backyard and home are options. If someone has a more suitable location to meet, that might be better, but I'll offer my place to start.

I'm going to propose the following dates:

May 10
May 11
May 17
May 18
May 24

And let's say some time around 2 or 3 and have it last as long as necessary.

I propose the event be as casual as possible. It's not a show or a demo, but those things aren't disallowed either (in other words, if you want to bring something to show, do!). I might have some stuff in the shop which I haven't used (I'm thinking of some router bits) for which we could have some kind of drawing. I've got a grill and can provide some beverages, but a potluck or just ordering pizza are always good options too.

I was advised to put this "invite" in the Off-Topic forum, which makes sense because its relevance to existing forums is tangential at best. But maybe once the details come together (or even before then), we can start reaching out to SMC members who perhaps don't frequent this forum.

Could everyone reading this do me a favor? Could you create a quick reply and just let me know if you're interested or not interested (no pressure)?

Doyle Alley
03-24-2008, 10:24 PM
When I read this I got all excited. Then I realized you were talking about "that" bay area. Your bay area is a little far for me to drive.

Narayan Nayar
03-24-2008, 11:38 PM
Sorry about that, Doyle, I should have been more specific.

Well, it would be quite a drive, but you'd sure be welcome! :)

David G Baker
03-25-2008, 8:38 AM
We have a Bay Area that is occasionally mentioned on the local news here in Michigan and every time I hear it I think they are talking about the San Francisco Bay Area due to my having lived and worked in the SF Bay Area for around 25 years.

Jim Becker
03-25-2008, 8:46 AM
I "fixed" the thread title to clarify that this is on the left-coast... :) ...of the whole continent...

Jim
SMC Moderator

Narayan Nayar
03-25-2008, 10:54 AM
Thanks, Jim.

Dan Bertenthal
03-25-2008, 1:23 PM
Sounds like a good idea. I can't make the last weekend (Memorial Day weekend) but the others are possibilities.

Chris Padilla
03-25-2008, 1:24 PM
I decided to adjust Jim's adjustment to make it even more clear! :D

Narayan, where abouts in the BA are you? I'm in south San Jose.

Narayan Nayar
03-25-2008, 10:46 PM
Thanks guys. I've been here for almost 8 years and vowed I wouldn't inherit the kind of California-centric perspective so many here seem to have. Clearly I have fallen short there...

Chris, I'm in Redwood City. Just paid a visit to our friend Jaimie Buxton!