PDA

View Full Version : tool stand

Dave Malen
03-22-2004, 10:04 PM
This weekend I spent several hours making a tool stand for my new Jet 12 inch disc sander. The idea was to spend as little as possible and build a sturdy stand to hold the sander. That bad boy weighs 100 pounds. I used materials I found in the shop and spent $10 on some 2 by 4s. I added panels so the stand wouldn't rack. Pleased with the way it turned out.

Dave

Michael Ballent
03-22-2004, 10:34 PM
Nice looking stand... but did you have to bolt it to the wall ;) How do you like the sander?

-Michael

Tim Morton
03-22-2004, 10:40 PM
Don't you find it awkward to have to sand sideways like that? I tink i would have preferred it standing up instead....*L*

Dave Malen
03-22-2004, 10:52 PM
Nice looking stand... but did you have to bolt it to the wall ;) How do you like the sander?

-Michael

I glued it to the wall :D The sander is great. Its 1hp motor is quiet and powerful. The table is large and flat. The disc runs without any vibration. Very pleased with this purchase.

Dave

Dave Malen
03-22-2004, 10:54 PM

-Michael

I'm very flexable :D and any dust that escapes the collection system falls away to the left. :D

Dave

Jim Cunningham
03-23-2004, 8:30 AM
Looks good and solid. I won't make any funny comments about the orientation of the pictures since I am yet to figure out how to post one myself

If anyone can direct me to a tutorial on posting I would greatly appreciate it, however it must be from start to finish, in ENGLISH assuming I know nothing regarding computers (true) and not containing any of those computerese terms which I don't understand.

Thanks
Jim

Chris Padilla
03-23-2004, 11:22 AM
Is this better? :D

Jim, go to the support forum and do a search on picture posting.