PDA

View Full Version : Cutting LaserMag Rowmark

Tim Baude
03-23-2008, 10:09 PM
Hi all,
Newbie here, have had my machine for awhile, but just started messing around. Done some stuff for my business logo and my daughters play. What I am trying to do is from a sheet of 12 x 24 Rowmark LASERmags, do 2 x 4 magnets with the name of my daughters play and the year to give to everyone in the cast. My question, how do I do a template for 36 per sheet and how do I cut them out (vector cut)? I have a Epilog Helix 24, 45 watt. Any help would be great as I would like to have done by first of April.

Tim Baude
Epilog Helix 24, 45w

Scott Shepherd
03-24-2008, 9:00 AM
Hi Tim, there are several ways to do it. One thing that matters is whether you want them to be all the same or all different with different people's names on them. Each would take a different approach.

If they are all the same, I'd make the page size 12" x 24", draw one, then copy it repeatedly until it fills up the sheet. You should be good to go from there.

If you want them with all different names, that's more complex. It's the perfect time to use "Print Merge". You can put placeholders where the names are, then use a program like Excel, and type all the names in. You print merge them and it will fill all the names in the right places and make everyone different.

The magnet material rasters and vectors pretty well, so you should be able to use the settings in the Epilog manual and be pretty good.

Reread your post- to vector cut, you just need to make the outline width a "Hairline" width. You have two features, the fill and the outline. It you make the outline on the object (2" x 4" rectangle) a hairline (it's a choice when you pick the dropdown box), it will vector cut that.

Tim Baude
03-25-2008, 11:14 AM
Thank you for the help....I should be good to go.

George D Gabert
03-25-2008, 12:08 PM
Will something like this work

Regards
GDG