PDA

View Full Version : Router Table Extension

John Messerschmidt
03-23-2008, 4:04 PM
Just bought a left tilt 3HP Delta Unisaw at the toolshow; haven't even received it yet. Came with mobile base (free). Due to limited floor space, I want to add a router, but need to add it to the right. Am considering two options: 1) Somehow reuse and attach my Woodpecker 27x43 router table with Incra Twin Linear in lieu of the stock extension table that comes with the saw (http://www.woodpeck.com/rt2743.html), or 2) Somehow mount a Bench Dog ProMax cast iron extension, shorten the stock extension table, and attach the Twin Linear to it. So here are my questions:

1. Any thoughts on how to mount the router table between the Biesemeyer rails and the table saw top? Was thinking about trimming front and back, adding angle iron, and tapping/screwing to rails. Thought this might also add some rigidness to the MDF table.

2. Anyone have any experience attaching the ProMax to the right side of the unisaw? Suspect it can be done with a little creativity.

3. Finally, are there any plans/ideas on how to use the empty space below the extension table for storage?

Thanks in advance for the feedback. John