PDA

View Full Version : Supplier... Grrrr....

Stephen Beckham
03-21-2008, 10:18 PM
Well - as most of you may know, most of the stuff we use comes from China or elsewhere and the biggest challenge may be to find the single owner of the import license for a particular item - who distributes to all of the other re-sellers who sells to us....

I needed 200+ business card holders - three people carry the specific one desired - I went with company A because they had the best pricing - so it seemed... Well, low and behold, I bought them out of stock and they had to drop ship some more from 'their' supplier - Company B... Guess what - Company B is the company that was higher in price in their catalog :eek:.

Grrrrr.. and Double Grrrr...

Had I know I was buying from B all along, I would have cut down on my shipping time (B = 2 days : A = 3 days). I've mostly bought from the cheaper guys because time didn't matter. And all that to save $.25 per item.

Did I say Grrrr yet?

Thanks for letting me rant.... :rolleyes:

Oh yea - and the guy from company A was really apolgetic because the delivery was going to be late coming from the other company - it won't be here until next Tuesday. Company B's boxes arrived yesterday :confused:. He was trying to talk me into the overnight shipping to ensure I'd get them in time - I hope he wasn't trying to get extra $$ on the shipping from me.... That would require a bigger Grrr....

John Lewandowski
03-22-2008, 12:19 AM
I experienced the same thing with a corner rounder/hole punch. It was $100 cheaper and drop shipped from the higher priced company. This was 1/3 less than the price quoted from the company that shipped it.