PDA

View Full Version : Contributing question...

Lisa Matthews
03-21-2008, 8:53 PM
I am going to become a contributor, and my husband is too.....we have two separate accounts since we don't spend much time together. (I am a paramedic and sometimes spend several days apart from hubby). I will doing the paypal thing to make us both contributors. So a couple of questions that I have not been able to find yet.....

1. How much do we need to contribute to be considered a "contributor"?

2. How do I designate the amount for him and the amount for me? (they will both come from my paypal account.

I can find the basic donate information....but there aren't may details there.

Thanks!

Lisa

Anthony Scira
03-21-2008, 10:26 PM
I think its like 6 bucks each.

Another forum I use a lot has a suggested annual of 30 bucks. And another 60 bucks !

I get so much useful information here I think I will send them another 20. These guys already saved me 10 times that much.

Joe Pelonio
03-21-2008, 11:15 PM
It is just $6, and PayPal allows you to put a note to the recipient that will allow you to specify to Jackie Outten that $6 of the $12 is for your husband, if you give his name. You can also send her a pm just to make sure she handles it correctly.

Anthony Welch
03-22-2008, 1:02 AM
Although me and the wife don't have separate accounts, we bought 2 shirts and I got a ball cap. That might get you both in if you ask Jackie and you both get the wardrobe to proudly exhibit to everyone.

Although, I don't wear my shirt and cap when I know I'm around other wood workers. I'm trying to keep you guys a secret.

I know, too many "althoughs", that's what happens when you've had to many "beer sodas".

Rodne Gold
03-22-2008, 2:22 AM
Apart from the money , which is most welcome, one of the best other ways to contribute is to share your knowledge, without that the forum wouldnt work at all.

Anthony Welch
03-22-2008, 2:53 AM
"Apart from the money , which is most welcome, one of the best other ways to contribute is to share your knowledge, without that the forum wouldnt work at all." Rodney.

Yea that too!

Lisa Matthews
03-22-2008, 9:50 AM
Thanks all! I thought that was how it worked, but wasn't sure. I will try to get that done today or tomorrow. It is worth MUCH MORE than that for what we get here...so I'm sure we will do more than the minimum....or do multiple contributions.

As for the knowledge....when I get some, I will be glad to share! LOL:rolleyes:

Lisa

Lisa Matthews
03-22-2008, 12:04 PM
I got it all done! I did have to send Kathy a pm, because I didn't get an opportunity to put a memo with my donation, hopefully that will work! Thanks to all who helped us become contributors! Now, I'll just have to work on the "knowlege contribution"! ;)

Lisa

btw, we did contribute more than the minimum....that was just not enough for what we get here!

Mike Null
03-22-2008, 9:12 PM
Kathy who?

Lisa Matthews
03-22-2008, 10:08 PM
Kathy who?

Mike,

I swear there was a message earlier that said to pm Kathy Outten....I don't see it now! :confused: Not sure what's up with that??? If she has nothing to do with contributions she probably thinks I'm insane! LOL

Who DO I need to pm to make sure the donation is split between myself my hubby????

Lsia

Lisa Matthews
03-22-2008, 10:11 PM
It says JACKIE Outten....so I'll redo the pm, unless you have different instructions for me! Sorry for the mixup....I was attempting to multi-task!

Lisa

Jackie Outten
03-22-2008, 11:10 PM
Lisa,

It's ok. Kathy is my oldest daughter. She would have told me about it if she checked in.

Jackie

Phyllis Meyer
03-24-2008, 10:53 AM
Oh fun...another gal! There's a few of us on here that love to chatter...hopefully the guys don't mind. That will be the best $6 you will have ever spent! These folks are fantastic, and don't be afraid to ask any question...check out the "off topic forum", (fun topics-serious stuff...:D)

Welcome!
Phyllis:)