PDA

View Full Version : Rolling Shop Cart for Sharpening Turning Tools

Ben Gastfriend
03-21-2008, 7:47 PM
I made this today using a gift certificate to the Home Depot for my new (old) grinder and a bunch of other junk like my power sanding supplies for bowls. I have to borrow my grandfather's hole saw to make a little place for a plastic cup to sit to quench the turning tools, and I have to order a finer grit wheel.

It's designed so it can be slid into my small shop (closet) and out so I can turn, turn around and sharpen, then turn around and turn again. :D

It's about 39" high and the shelves and the top are 24"x24".
Shelves, top, and bottom are 1/2" MDF, 4 corner supports are 2x4s, the diagonal supports are 1x3s, and the casters are 2 1/2" casters. 2 with brakes and 2 without. If anybody is seriously interested in a measured drawing, I can scan it.

84600 84601 84602

Thanks for looking, and if this is not permissable in the turners forum, please move it.

neil mackay
03-21-2008, 8:50 PM
Ben,

Thats a good idea. I have alot of my gear on wheels but not my grinder, food for thought. Thanks

Bernie Weishapl
03-21-2008, 10:02 PM
Great job Ben. That should make things a lot easier.

Ken Fitzgerald
03-22-2008, 10:20 AM
Nicely done Ben! I'm about to start similar things in my shop.

Don Orr
03-22-2008, 11:02 AM
Great idea Ben. Excellent way to get maximum utility of minimum space. I have a feeling many people will use this idea in their own shops. You're really thinking outside the box (or shop:D) here.

Ben Gastfriend
03-22-2008, 11:19 AM
Great idea Ben. Excellent way to get maximum utility of minimum space. I have a feeling many people will use this idea in their own shops. You're really thinking outside the box (or shop:D) here.

Or shop that is sized like a box! :D