PDA

View Full Version : DeWalt Hybrid fence replacement

Brian Shutter
03-22-2004, 8:57 AM
I'm thinking about replacing the stock fence on my DW746 with a Biesemeyer Universal.

I'm wondering if any of you DW hybrid owners have replaced your fences and, if so, what you think of the new fence. Was it worth the money and trouble?

Thanks.

Brian

Dan Cameron
03-22-2004, 12:36 PM
I considered putting a Biesmeyer fence on my Dewalt, but I realized in time that it would interfere with the Dewalt sliding table. The Biesmeyer fence rail extends higher than the round Dewalt rail.

Robert Sutter
03-22-2004, 3:13 PM
Just so that you know. The Delta Unifence fence extrusion will fit on the DeWalt fence. I have not bought this extrusion yet, but when Woodworkers Warehouse was still open I checked to see if it would fit, and it does. The rip measurement pointer is reversable so that it will fit the extra width of the Unifence extrusion.

I know that this may not be info you were looking for, but a new fence face is lots cheaper than a new fence assembly. The Uni-T-Fence is also a good option --- www.ttrackusa.com/unifence.htm if the Unifence face interests you.

Good luck -

Rob

Brian Shutter
03-23-2004, 8:22 AM
I considered putting a Biesmeyer fence on my Dewalt, but I realized in time that it would interfere with the Dewalt sliding table. The Biesmeyer fence rail extends higher than the round Dewalt rail.

Dan

That's something I never considered. I have the sliding table and measured the clearance between the tube and the slider, which is the lowest piece of the sliding table. It's only 3/8ths of an inch. I'll have to be careful in my measurements if I decide to replace the fence. Thanks.

Brian

Brian Shutter
03-23-2004, 8:34 AM
Just so that you know. The Delta Unifence fence extrusion will fit on the DeWalt fence. .

I know that this may not be info you were looking for, but a new fence face is lots cheaper than a new fence assembly. The Uni-T-Fence is also a good option --- www.ttrackusa.com/unifence.htm if the Unifence face interests you.

Good luck -

Rob

Rob

There's a fence face I could use! It seems I've always got some sort of garbage clamped to my fence in an attempt to be useful (it rarely does what it's supposed to). Thanks for the link.

Brian