PDA

View Full Version : Amazon Store Question

Jesse Espe
03-21-2008, 12:33 PM
Kieth,

In order for SMC to receive credit from Amazon, is it required to click on desired items in the store or is it acceptable to click through to the Amazon site via the link at the bottom right of the window? I just purchased some stuff from Amazon, but I'm not completely convinced that SMC will get credit for it...

Thanks,
Jesse

Jim Becker
03-21-2008, 1:07 PM
You should be able to click through using the Amazon link here and then shop. That's how my affiliate links work.

Jim
SMC Moderator

Tom Veatch
01-23-2010, 7:07 PM
You should be able to click through using the Amazon link here and then shop. That's how my affiliate links work.

Jim
SMC Moderator

So, I should be able to click through using the link, copy the resulting address (http://www.amazon.com/?&camp=212361&linkCode=wsw&tag=wwwnorthwinda-20&creative=3) to a shortcut on my desktop, use the shortcut to access Amazon, and SMC gets the credit?

That's what I just did to spend a couple of hundred on saw blades. Any convenient way to check/verify that SMC got the credit?

Brad Schafer
01-24-2010, 11:35 AM
not to co-opt a thread, but when i click on the SHOP link, i get the "don't fret" message followed by nothing. i've tried injecting the tag into a url as well but nothing happens. wonder if noscript & other security plugins are biting me...:confused:

Brian Tymchak
02-01-2010, 2:42 PM
not to co-opt a thread, but when i click on the SHOP link, i get the "don't fret" message followed by nothing. i've tried injecting the tag into a url as well but nothing happens. wonder if noscript & other security plugins are biting me...:confused:

Me too. Did you get a solution to this?

Thanks, Brian

Brad Schafer
02-01-2010, 4:25 PM
brian- tried opening in IE , no problems. didn't try chrome or any other browser. it acts like one of those famous "IE-only" pages.

Brian Tymchak
02-01-2010, 4:44 PM
hmm. I use IE6 here at work (they're so far behind the times..). I'll check it on IE 7 tonight at home.

Thanks!
Brian

Myk Rian
02-01-2010, 6:22 PM
Works fine with Firefox.

Brad Schafer
02-01-2010, 9:01 PM
not here it doesn't, with either customized profile or "safe mode". FF 3.5.7 Vista patched to death, etc.

Brian Tymchak
02-01-2010, 9:37 PM
I checked on my home PC. Turns out it has IE 8 on it. (I guess Microsoft slipped an upgrade in there without my knowledge..) Anyway, works great with it. So, I will do all my Amazon shopping through the Creek.

There's a Custom security level on the desktop browser at work. That may have something to do with it, although nothing jumped out to me when I looked through the options.

Thanks, Brian

Kent A Bathurst
02-02-2010, 11:14 AM
People, people, people - what are you doing? If you were supposed to use those off-brand products, Bill Gates would have told you to.:D

Matt Meiser
02-02-2010, 11:20 AM
Sometimes clearing cookies will solve a problem like that. Its a huge pain to lose all your cookies, but you could try removing just amazon.com and sawmillcreek.org cookies.

Brad Schafer
02-03-2010, 1:16 AM
it's beyond cookies. there are some fundamental issues with the software config on this box. replacement coming soon, hopefully at that point it will resolve itself (esp since Myk says FF works for him).

prefers command line systems, :cool:

-b