PDA

View Full Version : Adding Incra Express to Griz 1023

Chris Barnett
03-21-2008, 9:16 AM
Same question as answered before; read previous posts on this subject....on which side of a left tilt saw do folks place their Incra sleds, but still undecided. Have placed the pieces on each side and tried to imagine their use; keep coming up with placing on the left side of saw, just seems right for a right handed person, which seems to defeat intent of left tilt. Maybe I made an error with a left tilt! But again, when using the BS it in essence is a left tilt and feeds such that the cutoff is on the left side; even tilts such that the blade tilts left when the table tilts right. This also suggests sled placement to the right of the TS blade.

I know, a matter of preference, but might be overlooking something, so I some to the wood sages of old .....

If I keep my left hand on sled handle to move the sled, my right hand should stay clear of the saw...just naturally. Maybe the right side is the right side.

Now I'm more undecided (would say confused but that might be misunderstood as a weakness...and I dare not let the machines see my weakness...)

Bill Lantry
03-21-2008, 9:59 AM
Chris,

I have mine on the right of the blade. Works like a dream! You'll love it...

Thanks,

Bill

John Gregory
03-21-2008, 10:46 AM
mine is on the left. I don't use the express when the blade is tilted. I think it only matters if you use the Incra express when the blade is tilted.

Chris Barnett
03-21-2008, 11:36 PM
On the right it is, since I will be cutting some off-90 degrees.....but another question. When not in use, is the Incra sled sufficiently stiff to hang on a wall, or is horizontal storage necessary? Incra papers do not specify.

Bill Lantry
03-22-2008, 10:46 AM
I store mine, vertically, in the cabinet I made to house the contractor saw. If it warps someday, the panel is easily replaced. If I had wall space, I'd hang it up...

Thanks,

Bill