PDA

View Full Version : "Weekend Doin's" - Easter Edition

Karl Laustrup
03-21-2008, 7:17 AM
Friday March 21st, 2008

GOOD MORNING "CREEKERS"!

March madness is upon us. I watched part of several games yesterday and last night. Most importantly, the Badgers are moving on. :)

We are in the midst of a snow storm, which I hope will be the last of the season. Supposed to snow all day and into the evening, with a total accumulation of somewhere between 8 to 14 inches. :( Except for the north side and the piles, the snow was mostly gone. Now the ground is white again. Going to be a cold weekend also. The kids around here may be hunting Easter eggs in the snow as highs are only supposed to get to right around freezing. BRRRRR!!! Actually, this snow is probably good. If it were rain right now, we'd be flooding much like Missouri.

Not much for me this weekend. The kids will all be down for the weekend. The heel is still a problem. Got to the foot doctor, but he wants to hold off on a shot right now.:( I am to do several stretching exercises as well as wear support inserts in my shoes. If the heel is still a problem in a month he'll do a shot.

What's on your agenda for the weekend? Hopefully, it will be a good weekend and a SAFE weekend.

Karl

Don Bullock
03-21-2008, 8:41 AM
Good Morning Karl

My wife and I plus all the dogs are off this weekend to a dog show. Our basset hound club is having it's annual specialty show (basset hounds only) both Saturday and Sunday. We'll be celebrating Easter weekend out in nature at a beautiful park with the dogs. Yes, we will be outside. The weather here is predicted to be sunny and in the low 80s.:cool::D

I'm also going to be spending some time talking to my realtor (hidden gloat). My wife and I have made an offer on our retirement home and will need to be discussing some things with her while we await the acceptance of our offer. My permanent shop may be reality sooner than I thought.;):D

Jim Becker
03-21-2008, 9:13 AM
I'll be working on cabinetry for my new office in the shop, installing cabinets in the new laundry room, installing speakers for the HT system and a few other things. May also be on the big orange power tool trenching a little deeper for the storm water drain from the addition. I believe I also have the YMCA run this Saturday for karate...

'Hope the foot feels better, Karl!

Ken Fitzgerald
03-21-2008, 9:21 AM
Having the kids, grandkids, spouses and great-granddaughter over for dinner on Saturday. Then they can go to ILs for dinner on Sunday. I hope to move my SCMS and T/S to their final resting places this weekend and finish their connections to the DC with the supplies I picked up this week.

I injured my back yesterday....I suspect in the same area where I broke it 7 years ago.

To quote Tyler's Mom......Getting old ain't for sissies!

George Sanders
03-21-2008, 9:25 AM
Hi all. I have finished planing all that 1" white oak I got for the baseboard project. I have about half of it edged and when I get that done I have to rip it down to 7 1/2". Then I can stain and install it. This house is about a hundred years old and I am trying to match the existing upstairs molding. After that I need to make something to top it off.
Sunday my son and daughter in law are stopping by for a visit with my youngest grandson. The boy is ten months old and just starting to take a few steps. He's a lot of fun for me. He doesn't like things stacked up so I will stack some blocks up and when he sees them he goes over and knocks them down. Doesn't take much to amuse either of us.:)

Belinda Barfield
03-21-2008, 9:40 AM
Karl & Ken, I hope you guys heal up soon.

Weather here is great and I wish I could enjoy it this weekend, but alas, work calls. We need to get back on track with a job in order to meet a deadline. On March 7th we had high winds here. Several times during the day we lost power to various machines. Lights would stay on, but machines would trip and shut down. This lead to a call to the power company, and an on site visit by a rep. Since then we have had numerous meetings with the power company, had experts on site, analyses run, etc., only to discover that we have inadequate power supply to our facility. Needless to say, a week and a half of down time really blew our schedule. At this point we have no resolution, but we are limping along by running only one machine at a time.

I'm also hoping to get some blanks cut to ship to Nancy Laird this weekend. Nancy, if you are reading this, don't give up, the blanks will be shipped. I just haven't been able to fire up the saw yet. I came across some lovely Bubinga, and a few other exotics, and Nancy is going to test some blanks for me (at her convenience:)).

Hope you all have a happy and safe Easter weekend.

Steve Rozmiarek
03-21-2008, 9:49 AM
Morning Karl, this will be a working wekend here. On the real job that is. Sugar beets get planted in two weeks, and the frantic pace starts now. Wood shop time drastically decreases till this fall. Have a nice Easter!

James Hendrix
03-21-2008, 9:54 AM
Finally the weather is nice. Bought a barn off ebay in January and am planning to starting tearing it down this weekend. Think I will be a little busy!

mark page
03-21-2008, 3:44 PM
I have a step-daughter getting married this weekend, so have rehearsal tonight and actual ceremony tomorrow. The shop needs cleaned and organized but any shop work this weekend will be out of the question. On a side note, this year's goal of a replacement bass boat & sawstop have been "gloatitis interuptis" by the costs of this wedding.:D Girls are pensive!!!

Alan Greene
03-21-2008, 4:30 PM
After a long search for our stolen dog:mad:, months in CA at Standford Hosp with my Mom in ICU:(, visiting son and Daughter in law before a trip to Iraq:(:), seeing my daughter and granddaughter (1st time):):), then after more surgery for me I finally got clearance to start woodworking again:D:):). So tomorrow I am going to start on my wifes birthday present of a jewelry cabinet that will go in our closet:). I am sooooooo looking forward to getting back out there. First though will be a tool cleanup/checkup to make sure everything is good to go, aligned, safe etc.

Happy Easter

Brodie Brickey
03-21-2008, 5:22 PM
I'm actually going skiing this weekend with my wife and nephew. Before we leave tomorrow I need to apply finish on two turned mugs so they're ready for next week's raffle.

The raffle will support the son of my wife's co-worker who is at the Mayo Clinic for a rare disease that requires a bone marrow transplant.

Jim Dunn
03-21-2008, 6:47 PM
Hiding those eggs for the grandkids. Oh and watching out for the floods here in Missouri. A 45min commute took the better part of 4 hrs today.

Jim O'Dell
03-21-2008, 7:26 PM
Don, it's a dog show weekend here as well. Our Specialty was today. I had to work and didn't get to go. Waiting for Breed to get over so I can meet the wife and friends for supper. Uncle Julios!! MMmmmmmmmmm! Unfortunately, our girl didn't make the cut in a big open class.
I need to do some painting on the multipurpose benches this weekend. I hope to do that after work tomorrow (8 to 12) and the dog show that our ring time is right about 12:30. Hopefully I can get there in time to see them show. Not sure if we're entered Sunday or not.
Sorry for those that are hurting. Hope you get well soon.
Happy Easter everyone!!! Jim.

David Sallee
03-21-2008, 8:29 PM
Tonight: The wife and I are going to have a "Movie" night...

Saturday: In the morning we are going to a local auction to see what kind of deals we can find... in the afternoon, we are going to get back to work on the boxes in the garage to get those cleared out.

Sunday: The wife and I are going to my parents for the day, watch some Movies and take them out for dinner. Also talk to my son about him wanting to join the National Guard.

Dave

Brad Schmid
03-21-2008, 11:37 PM
Maintenance weekend for the Harley. New rear tire, fluids, adjustments, etc.... Maybe even give the pig a bath since she's been out running in the rain alot lately:D

That should keep me busy for a few hours, then back to the shop to finish laundry room cabinets. Sunday I'll probably just eat too much and relax;)
Hope ya'll have a great Easter weekend!

Ben Cadotte
03-22-2008, 12:08 AM
Away from home for work in Lake Charles, LA. Will be here another 11 days. :( So no woodworking for me the next 2 weekends.:eek: