PDA

View Full Version : Where is everyone located?

Eric Larsen
03-20-2008, 11:09 PM
I put this post here because it seemed to be the best fit.

Does SC maintain a list of where we all live?

I'd love to get in contact with some local woodworkers to ask "best local lumberyard" type questions and perhaps form a wood-buying co-op.

EDIT -- I've since searched and read the Frappr debate from a few years back. Has anything changed since then? (New site with no ads, etc.)

Lance Norris
03-20-2008, 11:16 PM
Im in Massillon, Ohio. The beer is cheap and the women are beautiful. I have Hartville Tool, 20 miles north, and Keim Lumber, 26 miles south. Both are excellent.

Rick Gifford
03-21-2008, 5:24 AM
Im in Massillon, Ohio. The beer is cheap and the women are beautiful. I have Hartville Tool, 20 miles north, and Keim Lumber, 26 miles south. Both are excellent.

Ok I am not too far away from you. I'm heading up. Cheap beer and beautiful women that close to tools and lumber? Sounds like Eden.

Doug Shepard
03-21-2008, 6:22 AM
Currently located in my LazyBoy while eating breakfast, trying to keep the cat from walking across my laptop keys.

Keith Outten
03-21-2008, 7:34 AM
Eric,

There is a new feature called Geographic Groups in the next version of vBulletin that is supposed to have features that support setting up groups for localities. The upgrade has been in beta testing for months, much longer than we expected but it will be available here at some point.

We have always suggested that Members add their location to their UserCP, this helps identify your local area but many are hesitant to do so.

Michael Gibbons
03-21-2008, 8:02 AM
That would be a cool feature. I might have a 'Creeker right around the corner and not know it.

matt pickston
03-21-2008, 9:57 AM
I'm half way between Cleveland and Akron. Heaven!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Eric Larsen
03-21-2008, 10:15 AM
Eric,

We have always suggested that Members add their location to their UserCP, this helps identify your local area but many are hesitant to do so.

Is there any way to search the location people add to their UserCP? I'll bet there are a dozen Creekers in the Las Vegas valley. I'd love to know where folks are buying their wood.

Don Orr
03-21-2008, 11:42 AM
Are the women beautiful because of the cheap beer:eek::D;) ? Sounds like a great place to live though.

I'm in Schenectady, NY, where electricity became useful for the masses, just west of Albany, which has unfortunately been in the news a lot lately.

Keith Outten
03-21-2008, 11:57 AM
Eric,

The short answer is no, there isn't a means of searching for woodworkers in your city or locality. Even if it was we can't provide that kind of service because we have to protect everyone's privacy.

The new geographic groups feature will allow you to join a group when they are setup but we can't add your name from our end, to do so would be a problem for some Members.

In a nutshell you can offer your personal information but I can't.

Eric Larsen
03-21-2008, 2:31 PM
Fair 'nuff. I understand completely the need for online privacy.

Is there an acceptable forum for "Hey, all you Creekers in Southern Nevada, PM me so we can make sawdust, hang out, shoot pool, and drink beer."

James Suzda
03-22-2008, 4:48 PM
If you check out Rudolph, WI the satellite view in Google Maps that's me waving to you!

Keith Outten
03-22-2008, 11:07 PM
Eric,

The Test Support Forum is normally used for announcements but it won't reach the number of people that I think you have in mind. i would suggest that you wait just a little longer for the new version of vBulletin to be released and use the new Geographic Groups function.