PDA

View Full Version : Oneida Followup

FRITZ STOOP
03-20-2008, 10:03 PM
To his credit, Jeff Hill (ONEIDA General manager) called me this AM in between UPS delivery coordination calls.
Jeff had read the thread on SMC, as a good GM should, and wanted me to know that my experience was not the norm at "O" and he was going to make it right. He refunded the "design" $ and pledged to help all he could to make my install go well. I was impressed.
He followed up with a couple emails later in the day. First rate customer service.
As for UPS, they were remarkable in that they worked hard at the coordination, made all calls as promised and stayed right on top of things until the boxes were in hand. Also impressive. I had a bad set of experiences a couple years ago with them, but looks like that ship has been righted.
As for Paul Johnstone's cavalier (his word) comments regarding how simple these DC systems are, I beg to differ. I have designed and built several large "hand made" residences from the dirt up, but frankly don't know squat about designing an effective DC system. And I'm too old to go to school on it. Not to mention being unfamiliar with the parts and pieces. The big "O" makes it easy (in most cases) and I'd be nutz to spend my valuable time learning a new skill that I'm going to need once.
:cool:

That said, anyone know where to get some high quality, hidden from view, crib hardware?

Vince Shriver
03-20-2008, 10:17 PM
As a future Oneida (hopefully happy) customer, it's nice to see they took care of business.

Don Bullock
03-20-2008, 10:25 PM
Fritz, It's good to know that Oneida came through for you. If all goes as well as expected I may be using their services soon.

Rick Potter
03-20-2008, 10:28 PM
My 3 HP Super Gorilla shipped a couple days ago (stealth gloat), and I am trying to figure out my system now. I may have to contact them about the layout too, it's just that my workshop has kind of a complicated tool layout, and I don't know that I can explain it adequately.

Hoping the delivery and installation go well. By the way, I tried very hard to get free shipping on mine, and it wasn't being offered, although I did get a reduced price of $150 to my door.

Rick Potter

Ken Fitzgerald
03-20-2008, 10:41 PM
Fritz....I'm glad to hear Oneida came through in the end for you. They treated me well.

Steve Rozmiarek
03-22-2008, 2:33 AM
It's nice to see that Onieda listens too! For anybody keeping score, we know that Felder and now Oneida, pay attention to what is said here.

Dan Bertenthal
03-22-2008, 12:20 PM
Glad to hear they made it right. This sounds more like the experiences I've had with them. I was impressed with the amount of time they spent with me when I bought a Dust Deputy (not a big-ticket item in their catalog) to make sure I got everything right. They even provided guidance when I mentioned I was planning to build a wooden enclosure for the dust bin.

I guess every business gets it wrong sometimes as they did in your case, but it says a lot when they really work to set things right.

Paul Johnstone
03-24-2008, 6:23 PM
As for Paul Johnstone's cavalier (his word) comments regarding how simple these DC systems are, I beg to differ. I have designed and built several large "hand made" residences from the dirt up, but frankly don't know squat about designing an effective DC system.

I wasn't making fun of you for paying for the design. I was just trying to help, and telling you what I did, as it seemed you were not happy with the design service. I hope things work out for you, and I wasn't trying to insult you.. only pointing out that many people opt for the "simple" method of just using 6" everywhere, as opposed to Oneida's system of multiple pipe sizes (which I'm sure does the job well too).